How to change IP address on Android device? That one question comes to your mind due to various reasons, when you need to:
- Hide you real location to access the blocked content.
- Hide your identity due to security threats.
- Configuration of your IP settings.
The reason might be anything but changing the IP address on an android is not a complicated task to handle. It consists of a few steps to configure it according to your needs.
The article focuses on providing you the authentic knowledge on the “How to change IP address on Android” device. Keep on reading this guide till the end will make you able to change your IP address easily.
Read Article on How to Change IP Address on MAC
Methods To Change IP On Android
These are 04 reliable techniques to change the IP address an android gadget, each strategy has its own special explanation. Following are a couple of choices and the fundamental inspiration to use that procedure:
- Change Internal IP Address: It’s the most basic and easiest way to change your IP address, by applying this way your local IP address ( address of your device ) will be changed but the external IP will be unaltered.
- Use VPN To Change IP Address: To apply this method, you must have a paid VPN . Just signup with your credentials and connect to the server as needed , your IP will be changed accordingly.
- Use Proxy Server To Change IP Address: Using proxy server is another authentic way to change your IP address, free and paid both versions are available but we recommend you to always use paid services as they are more reliable.
- Use Static IP : Before applying this method you need to contact to your Internet Service Provider to get static IP address.
How To Change IP Address On Android
Following are a few steps by applying which you can change IP address on android using the “Manual or Automatic” method
Step 1: Go to “Settings” & click “Wi-Fi”
Step 2: Hold the connected network for a few seconds to “Modify Network”
Step 3: Now click “Advanced Options”
Step 4: From the drop down menu select “DHCP” if you want system to assign available IP Address to your device automatically otherwise select “Static” and insert the static IP address provided to you by your service provider
Similarly as you have just followed the steps to change IP address on Android, you can also become a master on “How to change IP address on iPhone” just by following a few steps.
Change IP Address On Android Through VPN
VPN stands for “Virtual Private Network” and depicts the chance to set up a protected network connection when utilizing unsafe network. VPNs encrypt your internet traffic and mask your online character. This makes it more hard for outsiders to follow your exercises on the web and take information.
- Step 1 Buy a dependable and affordable VPN , we do not recommend the usage of Free VPN.
- Step 2 Download the app and connect to VPN server.
- Step 3 Enjoy browsing the internet with the new IP provided by the VPN
Top Tested Services
Following are the most reliable and tested VPN services which we recommend . We have found ExpressVPN, NordVPN and SurfShark as the most reliable and credible services in the industry. The recommended VPNs are tested to change IP Address to Australia rather they are also reliable to change IP address to NewZealand as well.
- Express VPN – More than 3,000+ VPN servers activated on 160 VPN server locations in more than 94 countries
- Nord VPN – More than 5200 Servers deployed on 80 Server locations operating in 62 Countries.
- SurfShark VPN – Working in 65 countries with 3200+ Servers
- IPVanish VPN – Operations in 50 + countries with 75+ Server locations and 1,600+ servers
- CyberGhost VPN – numerous locations with 7000 Servers in 91 countries.
- Tunnelbear – Presence in 41 countries with 3000+ servers across the globe.
- Hotspot Shield – Operations in 80 countries with 3200+ servers
- Norton Secure VPN – Various locations in the world with 500+ servers
- Encrypt me – 48 Countries with 500+ servers
- FastestVPN– More than 500 servers in 30+ countries.
An Overview Of Most Credible VPN Services of Industry
- Finest performance on Windows platform
- Access to blocked websites like Netflix
- Strict data retaining policies
- Exceptional app with lots of option
- Works slow on MAC OS
- No call complaint system
- No support for Internet Explorer
- 05 parallel connections for a subscription
The company has been in business since 2009 and has grown steadily since then. Currently, they have a network of VPN servers that covers 94 countries worldwide with over 3000 servers located on 160+ server locations. They offer service in 13 US cities, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami and New Jersey. You get a free month with your subscription and the premier plan is only $6.67/month.
ExpressVPN is a VPN service company that has never stored a log of user activities and never shared any data with anyone. ExpressVPN has bold features like their zero-log strategy to ensure your security. ExpressVPN has invested in more robust guides, and the quality of customer service for inquiries to solve any problems immediately.
ExpressVPN provides a useful “kill switch” that prevents high-speed internet traffic from leaking if the VPN connection fails. We see improved reliability and performance in the past couple of years.
ExpressVPN now accepts Bitcoin as a payment method. Bitcoin has made it easier for individuals to purchase goods without having to divulge sensitive financial information. It also provides peace of mind by preventing data theft from your bank account.
- Works well with Windows, MAC, iOS, Android, Linux
- 160+ server locations
- 3000+ Servers all around the world.
- Servers are operational in 13 US Cities.
- Maximum Package Cost $12.95
- Contract available for 1 month, 6 months, 1 year
- Split Tunneling Available
- Netflix Available
- Torrenting Available
- IP Addresses Dynamic & Static IP (IPV4)
- More than 30,000 IP addresses:
- 05 Parallel Connections
- Operates in 94+ Countries
- Excellent app
- Netflix accessibility
- Firm logging rules
- Uses Fixed IP
- In-Efficient Customer Support
- Kill switch is not effective on iOS
NordVPN is a well-known brand in the world of VPNs, offering six connections per server and five parallel connections. It operates in 62 countries and has more than 5300 servers spread across 80 server locations. The company is running various servers for the USA region in the following cities: Atlanta, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Manassas (VA), Miami (FL), New York City (NYC), Phoenix *Salt Lake City* San Francisco (*Seattle*) and St Louis. The service automatically connects the user to the fastest server available.
Users can also reach NordVPN for a Private IP option to run the dedicated VPN. Their Kill Switch feature turns the VPN into TOR with one click.
In a comparison test, dropping our speeds by 53%, and still shows reliable quickness. There was no interruption found while testing, and where VPN did not achieve the standard demonstrated up to it.
NordVPN’s two-year plan costs $3.75 per month in a lump sum of $90. The company also offers the one-year plan at a rate of $4.92, which is discounted from its monthly rate of $11.99 and amount to a total cost of only $59 for 12 months; Nord VPN
- Works flawlessly with Windows, MAC, iOS, Android, Linux
- Operated on 80 server locations
- Has 5300 Servers over the globe.
- Presence in 15 US Cities.
- Per month cost $95
- SLA is available for 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Available * on Windows, Android, and Android TV only
- Netflix Included
- Torrenting Yes available
- More than 5000 IPs
- Operates in 62+ countries
- Located in Virgin Island that is exterior to surveillance.
- Infinite equipment per subscription
- Cheap yearly packages
- Trial period for a month
- Pathetic Customer Services
- Manually operate Kill Switch
- Fixed IP Addresses
- A bit slow in competition
One of the advantages that Surfshark has over its competitors is that they provide unlimited device support. It also provides you the features of ad-blocking, anti-tracker, and anti-malware tools.
The company is operating on 65 locations with more than 3200 Servers, numerous servers are placed for the United States, specifically cities of Bend, Boston, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Latham, Los Angeles, Manassas, Miami, New York, Orlando, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, St Louis & Tampa. The speed is consistent with a 17% loss of average time, which is better than other companies.
The Surfsharks extension is compatible with Chrome and Firefox has been ranked up among the competition by Cure 53, which is a German Cybersecurity firm.
They have introduced a great app that works well with Windows, iOS, Mac OS, iOS, and Fire TV. Game console configuration is compatible with DNS.
Surfshark has introduced three new encryption methods for breaking the security. The Camouflage Mode provides shelter from onlookers, Multihop Mode hides your data going through a number of countries, and NoBorders Mode Surfshark allows you to use it in restrictive areas
- Excellent working with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- 80+ server locations
- More than 3000 Servers
- Operates within 23 US Cities.
- Per month package cost $95
- SLA Agreement 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Available
- Netflix Available
- Torrenting Available
- IP Addresses Dynamic or static
Change IP Address On Android
Through Proxy Server
A Proxy Server is a mediator framework which is any machine that deciphers traffic between two hubs. It’s a representative framework disconnecting end-customer clients from the cyberworld objections to what they peruse. Proxy Server gives changing levels of handiness, security, and assurance depending upon needs.
Follow these steps to use a proxy server efficiently.
- Go to System Settings. Click Wi-Fi to change the settings.
- Select the connected network and hold it for a while to Modify Network settings
- Click the “Advanced Options” , a window will be popped with three options select “None” if you don’t want to use proxy service, Select “Manual” if you own proxy credentials and want to run your own proxy. Use“Auto-Config”, if you want system to hand the proxy setting automatically