How to change IP address on Android device? That one question comes to your mind due to various reasons, when you need to:
- Hide you real location to access the blocked content.
- Hide your identity due to security threats.
- Configuration of your IP settings.
Many reasons might be behind the scene to change your android phone’s IP address or of any android device’s ip address, among numerous, more people who want to modify IP address on their device, believe that this is not a complicated task to handle. It consists of a few steps to configure it according to your needs on your home network.
The article focuses on providing you the authentic knowledge on to “Change IP address on Android” devices. Keep on reading this guide till the end will make you able to configure IP addresses easily.
Read Article on How to Change IP Address on MAC
Legitimate 04 Methods of Changing IP Address On Android
These are 04 reliable techniques to alter the IP address an android gadget, each strategy has its own special explanation. Following are a couple of choices and the fundamental inspiration to use incase a user need to change IP address.
- Change Internal IP Address: It’s the most basic and easiest way to change your IP address, by applying this way your local IP address ( address of your device ) will be changed but the external IP will be unaltered.
- Use VPN To Change IP Address: To apply this method, you must have a paid VPN . Just signup with your credentials and connect to the server as needed , your IP adderss will be changed accordingly.
- Use Proxy Server To Change IP Address: Using proxy server is another authentic way to configure your IP addresses, free and paid both versions are available but we recommend you to always use paid services as they are more reliable.
- Use Static IP Address : Before applying this method you need to contact to your Internet Service Provider who deals static IP addresses and get a one for you.
Changing IP Address On Android Device – Step By Step
Following are a few steps by applying which you can adjust IP addresses on android phone or device using the “Manual or Automatic” method
Step 1: Go to “Settings” & click “Wi Fi Network”
Step 2: Hold the connected Wi Fi network for a few seconds to “Modify Network Settings”
Step 3: Now tap “Advanced settings Options” to change network IP as needed
Step 4: From the drop down menu select “DHCP” if you want system to assign available new IP Address to your device automatically otherwise select “Static” and insert the static IP address provided to you by your internet service provider. Its an easiest way described to configure IP settings.
Similarly as you have just followed the steps to modify Internet Protocol (IP) address on Android, you can also become a master on “How to change IP address on iPhone” just by following a few steps.
Change IP Address On An Android Device
Virtual Private Network
VPNs are the best way to change IP addres on an android device. VPN stands for “Virtual Private Network” and depicts the chance to set up a protected network connection by getting a fake new ip address, when utilizing unsafe network. VPNs encrypt your internet traffic and mask your online character. This makes it more hard for outsiders to follow your exercises on the web and take information.
- Step 1 Buy a dependable and affordable VPN , we do not recommend the usage of Free VPN.
- Step 2 Download the VPN app, click network connection and get connected to the VPN server.
- Step 3 Enjoy browsing the internet with the new IP address provided by the VPN through VPN app. Make sure you have a speedy ethernet or wi fi network
A Quick Review On Top Tested Services
Following are the most reliable and tested VPN services which we recommend . We have found ExpressVPN, NordVPN and SurfShark as the most reliable and credible services in the industry. The recommended VPNs are tested to change IP Address to Australia rather they are also reliable to change IP address to NewZealand as well.
- ExpressVPN – More than 3,000+ VPN servers activated on 160 VPN server locations in more than 94 countries
- NordVPN – More than 5200 Servers deployed on 80 Server locations operating in 62 Countries.
- SurfShark VPN – Working in 65 countries with 3200+ Servers
- IPVanish VPN – Operations in 50 + countries with 75+ Server locations and 1,600+ servers
- CyberGhost VPN – Numerous locations with 7000 Servers in 91 countries.
- Tunnelbear – Presence in 41 countries with 3000+ servers across the globe.
- Hotspot Shield – Operations in 80 countries with 3200+ servers
- Norton Secure VPN – Various locations in the world with 500+ servers
- Encrypt me – 48 Countries with 500+ servers
- FastestVPN– More than 500 servers in 30+ countries.
A Detailed Overview Of Most Credible VPN Services of Industry
ExpressVPN – Most Affordable Service
- Finest performance on Windows platform
- Access to blocked websites like Netflix
- Strict data retaining policies
- Exceptional app with lots of option
- Works slow on MAC OS
- No call complaint system
- No support for Internet Explorer
- 05 parallel connections for a subscription
ExpressVPN is the most convenient way to change IP address on an android device. The company has been in business since 2009 and has grown steadily since then. Currently, they have a network of VPN servers that covers 94 countries worldwide with over 3000 servers located on 160+ server locations. They offer service in 13 US cities, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami and New Jersey.
ExpressVPN is a VPN service company that has never stored a log of user activities and never shared any data with anyone. ExpressVPN has bold features like their zero-log strategy to ensure your security. ExpressVPN has invested in more robust guides, and the quality of customer service for inquiries to solve any problems immediately.
ExpressVPN provides a useful “kill switch” that prevents high-speed internet traffic from leaking if the VPN connection fails. We see improved reliability and performance in the past couple of years.
ExpressVPN now accepts Bitcoin as a payment method. Bitcoin has made it easier for individuals to purchase goods without having to divulge sensitive financial information. It also provides peace of mind by preventing data theft from your bank account.
- Works well with Windows, MAC, iOS, Android device, Linux
- Master of modifying IP address to any region.
- 160+ server locations
- 3000+ Servers all around the world.
- Servers are operational in 13 US Cities.
- Contract available for 1 month, 6 months, 1 year
- Split Tunneling Available
- Netflix Available
- Torrenting Available
- IP Addresses [Dynamic IP address & Static IP Address (Internet Protocol Version – IPV4)]
- More than 30,000 IP addresses:
- 05 Parallel Connections
- Operates in 94+ Countries
NordVPN – Quality Service with Cheap Packages
- Excellent app
- Netflix accessibility
- Firm logging rules
- Uses Fixed IP
- In-Efficient Customer Support
- Kill switch is not effective on iOS
NordVPN is very reliable to change IP address on an android device. NordVPN is a well-known brand in the world of VPNs, offering six connections per server and five parallel connections. It operates in 62 countries and has more than 5300 servers spread across 80 server locations.
NordVPN is running various servers for the USA region in the following cities: Atlanta, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Manassas (VA), Miami (FL), New York City (NYC), Phoenix *Salt Lake City* San Francisco (*Seattle*) and St Louis. The service automatically connects the user to the fastest server available.
Users can also reach NordVPN for a Private IP addresses option to run the dedicated VPN. Their Kill Switch feature turns the VPN into TOR with one click.
In a comparison test, dropping our speeds by 53%, and still shows reliable quickness. There was no interruption found while testing, and where VPN did not achieve the standard demonstrated up to it.
- Works flawlessly with Windows, MAC, iOS, Android Device, Linux
- Operated on 80 server locations
- Has 5300 Servers over the globe.
- Presence in 15 US Cities.
- Recommeded streaming server “us9330.nordvpn.com”
- SLA is available for 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Available * on Windows & on an Android Device.
- Netflix Included
- Torrenting Yes available
- More than 5000 IPs (Public and Private)
- Operates in 62+ countries
SurfShark – Competitive VPN Service
- Located in Virgin Island that is exterior to surveillance.
- Infinite equipment per subscription
- Cheap yearly packages
- Trial period for a month
- Pathetic Customer Services
- Manually operate Kill Switch
- Fixed IP Addresses
- A bit slow in competition
Surfshark if a budget solution to change IP address on an android device. One of the advantages that Surfshark has over its competitors is that they provide unlimited device support. It also provides you the features of ad-blocking, anti-tracker, and anti-malware tools.
Surfshark is operating on 65 locations with more than 3200 Servers, numerous servers are placed for the United States, specifically cities of Bend, Boston, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Latham, Los Angeles, Manassas, Miami, New York, Orlando, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, St Louis & Tampa. The speed is consistent with a 17% loss of average time, which is better than other companies.
The Surfsharks extension is compatible with Chrome and Firefox has been ranked up among the competition by Cure 53, which is a German Cybersecurity firm.
They have introduced a great app that works well with Windows, iOS, Mac OS, iOS, and Fire TV. Game console configuration is compatible with DNS.
Surfshark has introduced three new encryption methods for breaking the security. The Camouflage Mode provides shelter from onlookers, Multihop Mode hides your data going through a number of countries, and NoBorders Mode Surfshark allows you to use it in restrictive areas
- Excellent working with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android Device, Linux
- 80+ server locations
- More than 3000 Servers
- Operates within 23 US Cities.
- SLA Agreement 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Available
- Netflix Available
- Torrenting Available
- IP Addresses (Dynamic or Static IP Address)
How To Change IP Address On An Android Device
Through Proxy Server – Step By Step
Proxy servers are a needs technical expertise in order to change IP address on an android. A Proxy Server is a mediator framework which is any machine that deciphers traffic between two hubs. It’s a representative framework disconnecting end-customer clients from the cyberworld objections to what they peruse. Proxy Server gives changing levels of handiness, security, and assurance depending upon needs.
Follow these steps if need to change or use a proxy server efficiently.
- Go to System Settings. Click Wi-Fi to change the proxy port settings.
- Select the currently connected network and hold it for a while to Modify Network settings that means the procedure will change routers public ip address.
- Click the “Advanced Options” , a window will be popped with three options select “None” if you don’t want to use proxy service, Select “Manual” if you own proxy credentials and want to run your own proxy. Use”Auto-Config”, if you want system to hand the proxy setting automatically
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I change my IP address on Android without root?
Follow the steps to change IP address on Android without root:
- Navigate to the Android Settings.
- Select Wireless & Networks.
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi tab.
- Keep tapping the Wi-Fi network to that you are currently accessing
- Select Modify Network.
- Expand or Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Set your Android’s Internet address here whether you want DHCP or Static.
How can I change my Android IP address?
Steps to change android IP address are as follows :
- Head to the Android Settings.
- Go over to Wireless & Networks.
- Pick the Wi-Fi network.
- Choose the Modify Network button.
- Pick Advanced Options.
- Modify the IP address.
How can I change my IP address on Android without VPN?
Without VPN it is possible to change IP address, here are the alternatives.
- Pick a proxy to conceal the Internet address.
- Tor is a free service that allows you to mask the IP.
- To update your IP address, connect to a different network.
- Requesting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) update your IP address.
- To modify your Internet address, disconnect your router.
- To disguise a unique Ip address, use a NAT Firewall.
How do I manually change my IP address on my Android phone?
To manually change IP address on Android phone you must follow the enlisted steps
- Login to the Android Settings.
- Pick Wireless & Networks.
- Browse to the Wi-Fi section.
- Keep tapping the Wi-Fi connection.
- Choose Modify Network Expansion or Go to the Advanced tab.
- Set you IP address manually now.
How do I find an IP address on Android?
Follow these steps to find an IP address on android.
- Go to Navigate to Settings
- Tap on Wireless and networks/WLAN or Settings
- Head to Network & Internet
- Pick Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected, and it will display network information like as signals, authentication, MAC address, and IP address.
Do Android phones have IP addresses?
As a result, if you’re asking if your smartphone has an Internet address, the answer to that is yes.IP is an abbreviation for Internet Protocol; an IP address is a unique designation provided to each and every machine that connects to the internet.
How do I hide my IP address on Android?
Make use of a VPN. A VPN connection is the best way to mask your Internet address on Smartphones. A VPN can help by downloading an app for android, and this app then secures any data sent over the web by the gadget before something leaves your machine.
Apart from that a user can use Tor or Proxy server as well but that totally depends upon their technical knowledge and skills.
How can I hide my IP address on Android without VPN?
These are the alternative available through which you can change IP address on android without using a VPN.
- Using proxy to mask the Internet address.
- Use Tor browser to mask your Internet address, it’s free.
- Go to a different network segment to alter your Internet address.
- Request the Operator to modify your Internet address.
- Reconnect the router to reset the IP.
- Pick a good NAT Firewall to disguise IP.
How can I hide my IP address on my Android phone for free?
Although we do not recommend a Free VPN as it is always vulnerable to third party, they can snatch your information. But still it’s a way to get your IP address hidden on android device. They other methods can be using Proxy server or Tor as they are also free tool to change ip address on smartphones.