“To change IP address in Canada is very much legal if you have intent to keep your tracks hidden while performing lawful activities on Cyberspace”
Among the most powerful countries in the world, one in Canada is known for its various factors but here we are more concerned with the strict cyber laws they have implemented so far nationwide which is a guarantee to every netizen of not exposing or losing anything on the internet.
When it comes to legislation their parliament is the platform where all the laws are made and approved to be imposed, up till now they have done a good job to provide better security to every internet user within their jurisdiction.
Although the cybersecurity experts are doing their job at max still people have an image that authorities are invading their private space by regionally blocking the content that they want to access for example foreign streaming websites BBC iPlayer, Hulu, or Netflix shows which are rarely available in Canada.
Restrictions have made people use specialized ways and software which provide accessibility to blocked content. This guide will lead you to explain ways & software to change IP addresses in Canada. Moreover this is to confirm that steps involved to change IP address to UK or any other country are almost same.
How to Change IP Address To Canada Using
05 Ways to Hide Your IP Address
1 # Use VPN Service
Virtual Private Network – Using VPN, people get their transactions safe and real identities hidden while active on the internet. VPN uses a specialized mechanism to “Tunneling system” which provides security to the user and keeps the third party away from monitoring or tracking the activities of a user. By using out tested VPNs, you can easily change IP Address to NewZealand or to any other country as required.
Using a recommended VPN gives you benefits like:
- Using VPN provides a fake identity that tells the wrong location to the system like if you are online from the US, VPN tells you that the user is online from Canada.
- It provides you a shield that hides you from apps, websites, and tools to be tracked. The strong layer of protection also hides your mobile carrier and ISP.
- Protects you from security breaches from hackers, third-party tools, sniffing devices, monitoring apps, and above all from remote attacks.
- It provides you to bypass censorship and gain the access to the restricted websites. It also breaks the firewall through which networks are guarded.
We have tested various VPNs remaining on different factors and recommend the below-mentioned services:
Our Picked VPN Services
Considering the factors mentioned before, our team has tested many VPNs among which we recommend:
- Express VPN –Presence in 94 Countries with more than 5000 servers
- Nord VPN – Operations in 62 countries with 5200 vpn servers
- SurfShark VPN – Functional in 65 Countries with 3200+ Servers
- IPVanish VPN – operating in 50 + countries ,1,600+ servers working on 75+ lcoations
- CyberGhost VPN – More than 7000 Servers in 91 Countries
- Tunnelbear – Operating in 41 different having 3000+ servers.
- Hotspot Shield – Functional in 80 countries with 3200 servers
- Norton Secure VPN – Various countries with 500+ servers .
- Encrypt me – Operations in 48 countries with 500+ Servers
- FastestVPN– Operations in 35+ countries and owns 500+ servers
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN To Change IP Address to Canada
- Perfectly work on Windows platform
- Provide access to social sites
- Zero Log data policy
- Great App with multiple options
- It lacks speed when works with MAC OS
- Instant Call service is unavailable
- Internet Explorer is not supported
- No more than 05 parallel connections
ExpressVPN is the best VPN provider to change your IP address to Canada. The company has been incepted in 2009, it has extended its network of servers to 94 countries worldwide and now has more than 3000 locations with 160+ servers. Four of the company’s servers are located in Canada and offer a superb service to Canadians. The most affordable plan is just $6.67/month with free months included, too.
The trusted server technology drives ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN does not keep logs of user activity and has introduced vibrant features of server capture to prove how zero-log their approaches can be. ExpressVPN designed intense setup guides and a quality FAQ to resolve issues instantly.
ExpressVPN is equipped with a “Kill Switch” feature that prevents data from leaking out of the VPN tunnel if your connection drops. ExpressVPN provides a reliable speed to techy users. After the past few years, we have seen a drastic increase in performance.
ExpressVPN recently started accepting Bitcoin as an additional payment method to its customers.
- Compatibility with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Exceeding 160 server locations
- Surplus of 3000 Servers all aound the globe
- Presence in Canadian cities are Vancouver, Montreal & Torento.
- Max monthly package cost 12.95
- SLA Lenght 1 month, 6 months, 1 year
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses Dynamic
- Extended network of 30000 IPs:
- Operates in 94 countries
NordVPN – Runner up VPN To Change IP Address to Canada
- Marvellous App
- Accessibility given to Netflix
- Strict data retaining policy
- Static IP
- In-sufficient customer support
- Kill switch doesnt work with iOS
One of the most popular brands in VPNs is NordVPN. It provides a substantial concurrent connection and where other competitors offer 5 connections it offers 06 with its servers. It is operating in 62countries with a huge number of 5300 servers functional on 80server locations. It has placed over 480 of its servers–specifically for the Canadian region–in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. Faster servers are always available when the user connects to the service.
NordVPN has a kill switch feature that will automatically run the VPN as a TOR. When we created a NordVPN trial account, speeds were 53% of the original. There were no interruptions found and even when VPNs had lagged in performance, they met a standard.
NordVPN provides three subscription plans: the one-year plan, $4.92/month; the two-year plan, $3.75/month; and a monthly plan at $11.9/month (all rates are before taxes). Along with their cheapest price, NordVPN also offers a full 30-day refund policy for customers
- Flawless working with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Exceeds 80 server locations
- Overall 5300 Servers working all over the locations
- Serving in Canadian cities are Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver.
- Maximum per month Cost $95
- Contract/SLA term is 1 month, 1 year, or 2 years
- Split Tunneling Available
- Netflix Available
- Torrenting Available
- A huge number of 5000 functional Dynamic and Static IPs
- Functional in 62 Countries
- Numerious gadgets per subscription
- Packages are affordable
- Checking period of 30 days
- In efficient customer services
- Kill Switch can be operated manually
- Static IP Addresses
Surfshark has been a small network but is giving other competitors a tough time because of the features they have introduced in the industry like unlimited device support which improves their service for an entire office or home. The company has no issues with that. It also provides you the features like ad-blocking, anti-tracking, and anti-malware tools.
The company operates 3,200 servers at 65 locations. Out of the total amount of servers it has, there are 60 in Europe and 90 in Canada. During speed tests conducted on average, the loss was 17%. This number places them above a lot of competitors for reliability in speed.
The extension support for popular browsers such as Chrome and Firefox have ensured that Surfsharks has ranked among its competitors while receiving favorable recommendations from German cybersecurity company Cure 53.
They offer excellent app compatibility for Windows, iOS, Mac OS, and Fire TV as well as iOS routing devices. Game console configuration is also supported by DNS.
Surfshark offers three different modes to break encryption: Camouflage Mode disguises activity; Multihop Mode hops data through various countries, hiding your location; and NoBorders Mode allows you to use Surfshark in restrictive areas.
- Works fluently on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- 80 server locations
- 3000 Servers
- Have a presence in the Canadian region with 3 different server locations.
- Max monthly charges $95
- Term of contract 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses Dynamic or static
2 # Use a Proxy Server
When connected to a proxy server, the client’s request is forwarded to an intermediary server, which then collects the data required by the User and sends a prepared response in return.
- It’s up to the proxy server to add any extra information with the client request before forwarding it to the webserver.
- A proxy server, for example, might alter the client’s IP address to make it seem as though it is originating from a different location.
- To confuse data for various devices, it may scramble the information.
- Physical tracking might be used to obstruct IP.
- Full anonymity of IP address
- Paid and free both versions available.
- Reliable connectivity
- No extended security
- Data can be breached
- Difficult configuration
3 # The Onion Router – TOR
Using TOR sends your data packets to three layers of computers which determines not to get traced from any tool or source. TOR is a wide network of interconnected servers that was initially designed by the U.S. Navy which assures secrecy.
Tor network encodes the information received and displays it on numerous relays. The experts that run Tor are known as “TOR Community”, who are focused on the enhancement and innovation of tools for online privacy.
4 # Use Mobile Data
Switching to Mobile data is not a perfect solution to move on, but it can be an alternative to few situations. Mobile data is entirely different from using WIFI, it is not
Regardless of the operating system whether it is Windows 10 , MAC , Android or iOS , depending on your needs, you may need a proxy server to help conceal your identity. Some who regularly changes their IP address use VPN services.
5 # Public Wi-Fi
Public Wi-Fi networks are ubiquitous, with hotspots in places like airports, coffee shops, malls, restaurants, and hotels. Despite their ubiquity and the appeal of free connectivity in public areas, many people fail to consider that logging into personal accounts on a public network could jeopardize login data for anything from emails to bank account access.
Frequently Asked Question
How do I get a Canadian IP address?
- Use recommended VPN (ExpresVPN Or NordVPN).
- Connect to the Canadian Server.
- Enjoy browsing the unblocked websites
Is VPN legal in Canada?
No laws prohibit the use of VPNs in Canada, and VPNs are completely legal throughout the country.