“To change IP address in Canada is very much legal like other countries, if you have intent to keep your tracks hidden while performing lawful activities on Cyberspace”
Among the most powerful countries in the world, one in Canada is known for its various factors but here we are more concerned with the pretty good, strict & high level cyber laws, they have implemented so far nationwide which is a guarantee to every netizen of not exposing or losing anything on the internet.
When it comes to legislation their parliament is the platform where all the laws are made and approved to be imposed, up till now they have done a good job to provide better security to every internet user within their jurisdiction.
Although the cybersecurity experts are doing their job at max still people have an image that authorities are invading their private space by regionally blocking the content that they want to access for example foreign streaming services BBC iPlayer, Hulu, or Netflix shows which are rarely available in Canada.
Restrictions have made people search more information on specialized ways and software which provide accessibility to geo restricted content on streaming sites of other countries.This article will guide you through the legitimate ways to change IP address to Canada to watch Canadian TV, we have recommended VPNs to do it.
How to Change IP Address To Canada Using
05 Ways to Hide Your IP Address
1 # Use VPN Service
Virtual Private Network – Using VPN, people get their transactions safe and real identities hidden while active on the internet browsing online services.Top VPNs use a specialized mechanism to “Tunneling system” which provides security to the user and keeps the third party away from monitoring or tracking the activities of a user. By using out tested top vpns, you can easily modify IP Address to NewZealand or to any other country as required.
Using a recommended VPN gives you benefits like:
- Using VPN provides a fake identity that tells the wrong location to the system like if you are online from the US, VPN tells you that the user is online from Canada.
- It provides you a shield that hides you from apps, websites, and tools to be tracked. The strong layer of protection also hides your mobile carrier and Internet service provider
- Providing online security itp rotects you from security breaches from hackers, third-party tools, sniffing devices, monitoring apps, and above all from remote attacks.
- It provides you to bypass censorship and gain the access to the restricted websites & streaming service. It also breaks the firewall through which networks are guarded.
We have tested various best VPNs remaining on different factors and recommend the below-mentioned services:
Our Picked Best VPNs
Considering the factors mentioned before, our team has compiled a list of high quality vpn choose wisely among the best vpn providers, we recommend you to always use paid service rather using free vpn:
- Express VPN –Presence in 94 Countries with more than 5000 servers
- Nord VPN – Operations in 62 countries with 5200 vpn server.
- SurfShark VPN – Functional in 65 Countries with 3200+ Servers
- IPVanish VPN – operating in 50 + countries ,1,600+ servers working on 75+ lcoations
- CyberGhost VPN – More than 7000 Servers in 91 Countries
- Tunnelbear – Operating in 41 different having 3000+ servers.
- Hotspot Shield – Functional in 80 countries with 3200 servers
- Norton Secure VPN – Various countries with 500+ servers .
- Encrypt me – Operations in 48 countries with 500+ Servers
- FastestVPN– Operations in 35+ countries and owns 500+ servers
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN To Alter IP Address to Canada
- Perfectly work on Windows platform
- Provide access to social sites
- Zero Log data policy
- Great App with multiple options
- It lacks speed when works with MAC OS
- Instant Call service is unavailable
- Internet Explorer is not supported
- No more than 05 parallel connections
ExpressVPN is the best VPN connection to get Canada IP address instead. The company has been incepted in 2009, it has extended its network of servers to 94 countries worldwide and now has more than 3000 locations with 160+ servers. Four of the company’s vpn servers are located in Canada and offer a superb service to Canadians to access streaming services. The most affordable plan is just $6.67/month with free months included, too with money back guarantee.
The trusted server technology drives ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN does not keep logs of user activity and has introduced vibrant features of server capture to prove how zero-log their approaches can be. Zero Log mean no tracking on personal information or any other online activity performed by a user. ExpressVPN is best vpn provider, designed intense setup guides and a quality FAQ to resolve issues instantly.
ExpressVPN is best VPN provider, equipped with an automatic “Kill Switch” feature that prevents data from leaking out of the VPN tunnel if your connection drops. ExpressVPN provides a reliable speed to techy users. After the past few years, we have seen a drastic increase in performance.
ExpressVPN recently started accepting Bitcoin as an additional payment method to its customers.
- Compatibility with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Exceeding 160 server locations
- Surplus of 3000 Servers all aound the globe
- Presence in Canadian cities are Vancouver, Montreal & Torento.
- Max monthly package cost 12.95
- SLA Lenght 1 month, 6 months, 1 year
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix or bbc iplayer Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses ( Static IP address & Dynamic IP address)
- Extended network of 30000 canadian IP address
- Operates in 94 countries
NordVPN – Runner up VPN Service To Change IP Address to Canada
- Marvellous App
- Accessibility given to Netflix and bbc iplayer
- Strict data retaining policy
- No logs policy
- Static IP address.
- In-sufficient customer support
- Automatic Kill switch doesnt work with iOS
One of the most popular brands among best VPNs is NordVPN. It provides a substantial concurrent connection and where other competitors offer 5 connections it offers 06 with its servers. It is operating in 62countries with a huge number of 5300 servers functional on 80server locations. It has placed over 480 of its servers–specifically for the Canadian region–in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. Faster servers are always available when the user connects to the streaming sites.
NordVPN has a kill switch feature that will automatically run the VPN as a TOR against online services functioning malware. When we created a NordVPN trial account, speeds were 53% of the original. There were no interruptions found and even when VPNs had lagged in performance, they met a standard.
NordVPN provides three subscription plans: the one-year plan, $4.92/month; the two-year plan, $3.75/month; and a monthly plan at $11.9/month (all rates are before taxes). Along with their cheapest price, NordVPN also offers a full 30-day money back guarantee for customers
- Flawless working with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Exceeds 80 server locations
- Overall 5300 Servers working all over the locations
- Serving in Canadian cities are Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver.
- Maximum per month Cost $95
- Contract/SLA term is 1 month, 1 year, or 2 years
- Split Tunneling Available
- Netflix Available
- Torrenting Available
- A huge number of 5000 functional Dynamic and Static IP address
- Functional in 62 Countries
- Numerious gadgets per subscription
- Packages are affordable
- No logs policy
- Checking period of 30 days
- In efficient customer services
- Kill Switch can be operated manually
- Static IP Addresses
Surfshark has been a small network but a quality vpn service, giving other competitors a tough time because of the excellent customer support & features they have introduced in the industry like unlimited device support which improves their service for an entire office or home. The company has no issues with that. It also provides you the features like ad-blocking, anti-tracking, and anti-malware tools.
The company operates 3,200 servers at 65 locations. Out of the total amount of servers it has, there are 60 in Europe and 90 in Canada. During speed tests conducted on average, the loss was 17%. This number places them above a lot of competitors for reliability in speed. The have developed strict no logs policy over the years.
Surfshark is great to modify canadian IP address with a blink of an eye. Its good to work with all the cross platforms and multiple devices like android Tvs, game consoles, amazon fire stick and a variety of routers. It offer all packages with money back guarantee.
The extension support for popular browsers such as Chrome and Firefox have ensured that Surfsharks has ranked among its competitors while receiving favorable recommendations from German cybersecurity company Cure 53.
They offer excellent app compatibility for Windows, iOS, Mac OS, and Fire TV as well as iOS routing devices. Game console configuration is also supported by DNS.
Surfshark offers three different modes to break encryption: Camouflage Mode disguises activity; Multihop Mode hops data through various countries, hiding your location; and NoBorders Mode allows you to use Surfshark in restrictive areas.
- Works fluently on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- 80 server locations
- 3000 Servers
- Have a presence in the Canadian region with 3 different server locations.
- Max monthly charges $95
- Term of contract 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Amazon Prime Video Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses Dynamic or static
2 # Use a Proxy Server
Proxy servers are a smart alternative to VPNs, they can configure IP address to canada in no time. When connected to a proxy server, the client’s request is forwarded to an intermediary server, which then collects the data required by the User and sends a prepared response in return.
- It’s up to the proxy server to add any extra information with the client request before forwarding it to the webserver.
- A proxy server, for example, might alter the client’s IP address to make it seem as though it is originating from a different location.
- To confuse data for various devices, it may scramble the information.
- Physical tracking might be used to obstruct IP address.
How Does a Proxy Server Work?
Among huge internet traffic, a unique Internet Protocol (IP) Address is required by every computer on the internet. Consider your computer’s physical address, as this IP address serves as a proxy for its physical location. The internet may deliver the correct information to the right device using the IP address as a routing mechanism.
A proxy server is a machine with its own IP address that your computer recognizes on the internet. When you submit a web request, it goes through the proxy server first. The proxy server acts as a middleman, handling your web request on behalf of you and collecting the webserver’s response before delivering you the data.
It’s conceivable for a proxy server to modify the data you send while nevertheless providing the information you want. A proxy server may deceive the web server into believing you’re in a different country by changing your IP address. It may encrypt and make your data unreadable while it travels through cyberspace.
It comes with both Free and paid versions, all paid packages brings money back guarantee along with them. You can get credentials from any of the internet service providers operating in the market.
- Full anonymity of IP address
- Paid and free both versions available.
- Reliable connectivity
- No extended security
- Data can be breached
- Difficult configuration
3 # The Onion Router – TOR
Using TOR sends your data packets to three layers of computers which determines not to get traced from any tool or source. TOR is a wide network of interconnected servers that was initially designed by the U.S. Navy which assures secrecy.
Tor network encodes the information received and displays it on numerous relays. The experts that run Tor are known as “TOR Community”, who are focused on the enhancement and innovation of tools for online privacy.
How TOR Browser Works
Tor hides your identity by routing all of your internet activities through the Tor network. The Tor network is a three-layered proxy with onionlike layers, as shown in the following images.
When you use Tor Browser, it bounces the data across a random middle relay, which connects to one of the publicly accessible entry nodes. Most internet service providers and social sites doest like TOR service.
Even though you are physically located in the United States, Because, you shouldn’t be surprised any search engine service connects you in a language other than English. These services analyze the IP address that you are connected with and determine your region and language based on it, you’ll frequently appear to be in a different continent.
In certain countries, you can use bridges with Tor Browser if you live in a place where Tor is forbidden or if you need to visit a site that forbids it. IP addresses at bridges are not visible to the general public, making it more difficult for websites and governments to blacklist them.
Tor routes all sorts of traffic, but it’s designed specifically for surfing the web. Tor does not support UDP, so don’t try to torrent free software ISOs because they won’t function.
4 # Use Mobile Data
Switching to Mobile data is not a perfect solution to move on, but it can be an alternative to few situations. Mobile data is entirely different from using WIFI, it is not
Regardless of the operating system whether it is Windows 10 , MAC , Android or iOS, depending on your needs, you may need a proxy server to help conceal your identity. Some who regularly configure their IP address use VPN services.
The mobile data packages that we usually use doesnt come along with money back guarantee but mostly they are accurate and efficient with respect to service.
5 # Public Wi-Fi
Public Wi-Fi networks are ubiquitous, with hotspots in places like airports, coffee shops, malls, restaurants, and hotels. Despite their ubiquity and the appeal of free connectivity in public areas, many people fail to consider that logging into personal accounts on a public network could jeopardize login data for anything from emails to bank account access.
Considering Factors While Using Public Wifi
While you can’t do much to make a public Wi-Fi network more secure, there are a few things you may do to keep your data safe while utilizing public Wi-Fi:
You have a secure connection to the site if you see “https” in the website address. However, using HTTPS does not ensure that a website is legitimate. Scammers are also aware of how to encrypt websites, so they’ve started including it as well. So while your data is secure,
Encryption is one way to secure a connection. Virtual private networks, also known as VPNs, provide encryption.
If you’re on the go, don’t have access to a secure website, and aren’t using VPN encryption, consider transferring your information via mobile data rather than Wi-Fi. This is an excellent strategy for when you’re filling out sensitive information in applications because it’s impossible to tell whether they’ve been encrypted.
Protect Your Credentials
Here are a few more security measures to bear in mind when using public Wi-Fi:
- Encrypting the whole process from beginning to end is a smart idea if you want your trip to each location to be safe. From when you first launch your browser until you close it once again. If you believe you’re on an HTTPS site but arrive at an unencrypted page, exit the website immediately and log out.
- After you’ve finished utilizing a particular account, log out.
- It’s likely that someone who has access to one of your accounts may be able to access many others.
Your browser may alert you before you visit a dangerous website or install harmful programs. Don’t brush off the alerts. Also, make sure your browser and security software are up to date.
- It’s all too tempting to become swept up in the convenience of public Wi-Fi. The benefits are numerous, but using it this way has drawbacks.
- Every version of the Firefox browser includes end-to-end encryption by default. All of them are completely free. There are a plethora of free Firefox extensions that force the browser to use encryption on popular sites that aren’t typically encrypted. They still won’t safeguard you against all threats. To ensure a website is https://.
Frequently Asked Question
How do I get a Canadian IP address?
- Use recommended VPN (ExpresVPN Or NordVPN).
- Connect to the Canadian Server.
- Enjoy browsing the unblocked websites
Is VPN legal in Canada?
No laws prohibit the use of VPNs in Canada, and VPNs are completely legal throughout the country.
Is it illegal to use a VPN to stream Netflix in Canada?
No. Many individuals think that using a VPN for Netflix is akin to piracy, but accessing the provider’s global catalogs is not at all the same as torrenting copyrighted material. It is not in any way, shape, or form considered unlawful and will never result in committing a crime.
Is it legal to obtain someone's IP address in Canada?
No, there is no such legislation. There is no law prohibiting you from using an IP-grabbing tool against yourself. Your IP address is now effectively accessible; it’s the equivalent of your home address or phone number.
Is it legal to impersonate someone in Canada?
In Canada, impersonating someone else is a crime. It’s also a violation of traffic in identity information. This implies it’s illegal to distribute, sell, offer for sale, or transmit someone else’s identification information.
Will you be jailed, impersonating others' IP addresses in cyberspace?
In most countries, impersonation offenses are considered illegal and unethical, so it is in Canada. If you’re convicted of false impersonation, you may be sent to prison for a lengthy period of time. You will not be able to obtain credit from a bank or receive student financial aid or professional licensing in the future.