Just sack off your fears, cheer up and snog a kiss to our team as we have listed down a few practical ways to change IP address to watch UK TV when you are abroad.
For any reason while availing holidays abroad or to attend business meetings whenever mates are stepping out the jurisdictions of United Kingdom, they become knackered, feels narky of missing out their favorite programs on UK TV like Killing Eve, Bridgerton or Vanity Fair.
Come on chuffed up guys!! we have trolleyed a few legitimate ways using which you can erase the night mare of missing your favorites online.
While traveling around it’s a fluke for you to watch UK TV, because of imposed geo-blocks on live transmission in the other parts of the world as it’s a UK governmental policy.
Feeling Ledge, as we have brought up here cracking solutions to this problem. All the ideas are included inside, we need you just to deep dive into the articles till the end and get multiple solutions to bypass the censorship and geo-blocking.
Why Do You Need UK IP ??
Broadcasting companies use “Geo-blocking” technique to block content depending on the physical IP location. Content on the Channel 4, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go & ITV Hub, is licensed & copyrighted due to which it is restricted breaching which is a legal crime.
Geoblocking technique is technically prejudice, it verifies your IP address if it belongs to UK it gives you access over the content otherwise it blocks the IP address either you are from UK or abroad doesn’t make any difference.
The ways we have described in the article help you overcome these restrictions by encrypting information that appears to be coming from the UK server. When you connect, you will take on the IP address of a proxy server located in Britain. When your IP is checked by the technical system of the broadcasting company it finds that you belong to the UK region and you get access without any hustle.
Given the aforementioned points, we recommend a paid VPN service that can bypass geo-restrictions when needed. furthermore a list of suggested VPNs is being shared with other few ways also to bypass the restrictions.
An Easy Way to Get a UK IP Using ExpressVPN
5 Easy Ways To Change IP Address To Watch UK TV Abroad
As explained before that we are going to discuss 5 most effective ways to change IP Address to watch UK TV online bypassing the restrictions completely. Here are they:
1 . Using Paid VPN Service
VPN stands for virtual private network and provides a secure, encrypted connection when using public networks. It complicates the effort of third parties to track your activities online and steal data. The encryption takes place in real-time.
- Bold Security options.
- Credible and fast speed.
- Streaming accessibility.
- Only paid versions available.
- Risk of activity logging.
- No repute for free VPN service
How does a VPN work?
A VPN obscures your IP address. Websites can’t trace you when you are using a VPN because the network directs it with the help of a specially designed VPN server. With a VPN, the VPN server is your data’s source.
This includes your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and other third parties which means they can’t see what websites you visit, or even the data that is being exchanged in an online session. A VPN turns your information to garbage for others by encrypting in on one end, it decrypts it when data lands on other end become useful again for user.
Most Effective And affordable VPN Services
We have tested a lot of available VPN services among which we have selected a few which we found brilliant in providing compatible services to clients. They are not just good for UK but they can change IP address to Australia, NewZealand or Canada in just a few moments.
- Express VPN competing with 3,000+servers and 160 VPN server locations in 94 countries.
- Nord VPN – Business in 62 Countries having 5200 Servers on 80 Server locations.
- SurfShark VPN – Operations in 65 Countries with 3200+ Servers.
- IPVanish VPN – Working in 50 + countries , have 1,600+ servers on 75+ locations.
- CyberGhost VPN – Presence in 91 Countries and owns 7000 Servers.
- Tunnelbear – Competing with 3200+ servers on 41 locations all around.
- Hotspot Shield – Serving with 3200 + servers on 80 countries
- Norton Secure VPN – Have 500+ servers with operations in various locations.
- Encrypt me – Competing with 500 servers in 48 countries.
- FastestVPN– Working with 500+ servers in 35 countries
Best VPNs To Change IP Address to Watch UK TV Abroad
ExpressVPN – #1 Available VPN Service With Most Affordable Price.
- Flawless working on Windows platform
- Access to Channel 4, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go & ITV Hub.
- Strict information logging policies.
- Their app has unlimited options.
- Doesn’t work good with Mac OS
- No instant telephone complaint service.
- Non supportive for Internet Explorer.
- Only few simultaneous connections.
The best way to get an IP address in the UK is to use ExpressVPN. It was founded in 2009, has 94 country servers and 3 server locations in the UK alone. For $6.67 per month and a one-month free trial, you can try out their service.
ExpressVPN uses Trusted Server Technology to set up VPN connections that will protect your personal data. The ExpressVPN website has an extensive FAQ section the will resolve any issues you may be having with the network.
Whereas other providers offer no security against losing connection to the internet, ExpressVPN has a kill switch feature that immediately cuts off access if the VPN is interrupted. Additionally, its speeds have been improving over time and are now consistent and fast enough for many users who need speed while browsing.
ExpressVPN’s bitcoin payments are made in support of their mission to provide customers with ease.
- Flawless with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Intensive network of 160 server locations
- Have 3000 Servers
- Operating in UK cities namely Wembley, Docklands, London & East London.
- Available contract length is 1 month, 6 months, 1 year
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- Dynamic & Static IP addresses
- Serving in 94 countries
NordVPN – # 2 On Our List. Credible VPN Service.
- Unlimited options in application.
- Provides access UK Social Media
- Stringent Logging Policy
- Static IPs in-place.
- Inconsistent Customer Support.
- Manual operation for Kill Switch option.
NordVPN is well-known for offering six simultaneous connections with its servers, while competitors offer only five. It operates in 62 countries with more than 5200 servers on more than 80 server locations. When a user connects to this service, it automatically links up the user to the fastest and available server at that location, which is connected to from various cities around the world.
NordVPN provides a private IP option, which is difficult to trace. They also offer kill switches, turning VPN services into TOR networks with one click.
In one test, NordVPN reduced speeds by 53% but continued to perform as expected. There were no interruptions and it met expectations on every occasion where they underperformed.
A two-year NordVPN plan costs $3.75/month or a total of $90
- Optimal with Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android devices
- Serving with 5200 servers
- Have 80 Server Locations in operations
- Presence in UK cities : Docklands, East London, London, Wembley.
- SLA contract term 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- More than 5000+ IPs working
- Serving in 62 Countries
SurfShark VPN: # 3 on list. Effective with Affordable Price.
- Unlimited gadgets connectivity.
- Cheap monthly packages.
- Trial period for 30 days.
- Operates from Virgin Islands.
- Incompetent customer services
- Kill switch works manually.
- Static or Fixed IPs
- Speed is slow.
Surfshark, a small VPN company with competitive features like unlimited device support and ad blocking, is giving bigger companies with their more established products a challenging time.
The company operates 3,200 servers in 65 locations out of the total 60+ placed for the European market. Surfshark has 6 servers in the UK with three in London and two in Manchester.
The loss during a general speed test averages 17% this is more reliable than many competitors with similar offerings who see a higher percentage of slowed speed occurrences.
The Surfsharks extension is ranked among its competition and has been recognized by the German Cyber Security Firm Cure 53.
Surfshark provides a variety of tools to make encryption stronger and more effective. This includes the Camouflage Mode, which obscures your activity, Multihop Mode, which bounces data from one country to another to help you hide your identity in that country.
- Excellent working with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Serving 80 server locations
- Robust network of 3000 Servers.
- Operating in UK cities: Docklands, East London, London, Wembley.
- SLA Term 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses Dynamic or static
2. TOR Browser
Tor is an online program which allows you to provide anonymity. It works in the background, making your internet connection appear like it’s coming from different locations. By concealing your activities and location on the Internet from anyone using Tor, you can avoid surveillance.
Tor can help keep your Internet activities private by preventing networks from tracing your activity back to you. Its intended use is to protect your personal privacy and make it difficult for people to know what you’re doing online or see who’s talking to you, so while some folks might consider using Tor off-label for network surveillance or traffic monitoring.
- Free & Open Source
- Keeps user hidden online
- Friendly GUI
- Lacks speed.
- Social Sites blocks it.
- Its use is illegal.
When you need to use TOR?
- Gathering intelligence on your competitor.
- Investigations on legal matter.
- To conduct covert activities.
3 . Using Proxy Server
A proxy server operates as a go-between for your computer and the websites you visit. When a user connects via a proxy server, their request is directed to that proxy instead of its ultimate destination (e.g., the website). The proxy then gathers information required by the user and transmits back with collected response.
- It is up to the proxy server to add any additional information it deems necessary before forwarding a request to the website’s web server.
- A proxy server can shield a person’s IP address by changing it at any time.
- Encryption creates a code that encrypts the information so it can’t be deciphered by other devices.
- A proxy server can be used to block IP by tracing location.
- Hidden IP address.
- Available free and paid both.
- Credible connectivity and speed.
- No Extra Security Features
- Data Spying risk.
- To setup you need to be professional.
4 . Public Wi-Fi
Wireless internet hotspots can be found in many public locations, such as restaurants, airports, malls, coffee shops. While free WIFI is often touted for its ubiquity and appeal of access in public areas, many fail to consider the potential pitfalls of logging into personal accounts on a public network.
- Personal information can be compromised
- A browser session can be hijacked
- Connectivity is unencrypted.
- Chance of business transactions to be cracked.
- Hackers can launch sniffing attack easily
- Malware injections can be a pain.
5 . Using Mobile Data
If you have a wireless device, such as a smartphone or laptop computer, you can connect to the Internet anywhere. If you don’t have Wi-Fi access and it’s not possible to tether your mobile data connection, changing your IP address may be an option.
When you have to swap between networks for work, like when working in different offices or traveling overseas, one alternative is to switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data. Mobile data might not be a perfect solution for everyone, but it can sometimes be an option if you’re without connectivity or need the extra protection it provides.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to unblock UKTV Play using a VPN?
One way to watch UKTV Play outside of the United Kingdom is through a VPN, which allows you to pretend that you are in the UK.
How do I watch Britbox overseas?
Britbox is a service that allows you to watch British TV shows in the US, Canada, or the UK. Though it’s only available in these locations, if you use a VPN to change your IP address while using this service, Britbox will think you are outside of its limited coverage area.
Can I still watch Now TV if I’m outside the UK?
Now TV is available only for residents of the United Kingdom, but it can be accessed elsewhere with a virtual private network.
How do I watch the English Premier League live online?
If you want to stream major matches with EPL, there are plenty of places that will allow you to do so. In the UK those include BT Sport, Amazon Prime & Sky Sports. However, if you are out of UK (and using your regular EPL streaming services), there is a way for you to use VPNs.
which is the best VPN to change the IP address to watch UK TV?
International travelers who want to watch UK TV channels can choose ExpressVPN for their VPN. This service offers 4 servers in the United Kingdom, so connections are fast and uninterrupted.
How do I watch UK TV on a smart TV when abroad?
Watch British TV overseas with a VPN app on your television or streaming device and connecting to the internet using a VPN.