You can use a VPN to access geo-blocked content from Malaysia if you have a Malaysian IP address from anywhere in the world. A VPN gives you the ability to get an IP address for Malaysia whether you’re on vacation or living abroad, and it’s an easy and quick method to do so.
A VPN, or virtual private network, is an encrypted technology that redirects your internet traffic through another country’s server. It conceals your true IP address and location, ensuring your anonymity against ISPs (ISP), the government, and hackers.
Because you’re utilizing a virtual private network, you may fake your location to seem as if you’re in numerous locations throughout the world while still receiving access to networks from anywhere with an internet connection.
There are a number of restrictions on the internet. You can unblock geo-restrictive Malaysian websites and services such as your bank or favorite news sites by connecting to a server.
You’ll be able to unblock streaming services and access prohibited Malaysian content, allowing you to watch local TV programs and films. In a nutshell, using a VPN allows you to surf the web more freely while also maintaining your online anonymity.
How To Get An IP Address For Malaysia
Even if you’ve never used a VPN before, it’s easy to overcome region locks and access anything you desire on the web, including forbidden websites. ExpressVPN is supposed to be the ultimate way to get an IP address for Malaysia.
- Consider investing in a secure VPN provider. We highly suggest ExpressVPN as a safe and secure alternative.
2. If you downloaded and installed the program, double-check to ensure you have the correct operating system.
3. Start by going to the domain location server for the service’s Malaysia domain using your web browser. Is it possible to visit a geo-blocked Malaysian website? If you still can’t access the site, clear your browser’s cache and cookies before reloading it.
VPNs That Can Ensure To Get an IP Address For Malaysia
Best VPNs To Get An IP Address For Malaysia in 2022
1 – ExpressVPN
- Compatible with a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android.
- Over 3,000 workstations may be found all over the world.
- SLAs of 30, 60, and 365 days are available.
- Split tunneling is an option.
- There are services that allow you to view video online, such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
- Torrenting is supported by this service.
- Per IP address, a maximum of 05 active connections are authorized.
- It is present in 94 countries.
ExpressVPN is a brilliantly supportive tool to get an IP address for Malaysia. It has over 3,000 servers in 94 locations, which makes it one of the most well-known VPN services on the market.
ExpressVPN is an excellent VPN for streaming. ExpressVPN allows you to watch Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, among other services. If you’re looking for the finest VPN for streaming, ExpressVPN is your best bet.
You’ll have no buffering or latency because there are no bandwidth limits or throttling, so you may anticipate rapid, continuous connections.
The firm does not maintain any identifying information on its clients and is based in the British Virgin Islands, where data retention regulations do not apply.
- There are about 30,000 servers in 94 countries, including Malaysia.
- Robust unblocking options
- For streaming, quick and consistent speeds.
- There are a variety of user-friendly programs and browser plugins available.
- Real-time updates via live chat are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Thousands of Static & Dynamic IP addresses.
- More expensive than other VPNs on this list, however less costly than the top-rated VPNs.
- More highly customized capabilities may be had.
2 – NordVPN
- It is compatible with MAC, Linux, Android, Windows, and iOS.
- 12 servers are dispersed around the country.
- Recommended streaming server is “my38.nordvpn.com”.
- It is possible to access streaming websites.
- There are SLAs that are valid for 30, 60, and a whole year.
- It is fairly simple to identify one of the 55,00+ IP addresses that torrent sites may allow.
- It operates in more than sixty-two countries where the service is activated.
We recommend NordVPN to get an IP address for Malaysia. It has six servers in Malaysia and over 5,200 across the world. You’ll be able to watch anything geo-blocked with 80+ locations around the world.
NordVPN is also compatible with several streaming services, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer. Iflix and Tonton are two Malaysian streaming services that work well with NordVPN. There are a lot of servers on hand to ensure that you can always find one that meets your needs.
NordVPN’s applications are quite straightforward to use. If you encounter an issue, NordVPN provides 24/7 live chat support, which we found to be very helpful and responsive.
NordVPN’s greatest feature is its proprietary obfuscation technology, which prevents DNS leaks and uses 256-BIT AES encryption. NordVPN offers servers that aren’t listed on the website, double VPNs, and dedicated IP addresses. NordVPN is located in Panama and has a no-log policy.
NordVPN offers apps for all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Android TV, and Firefox. Chrome and Firefox browser add-ons are also accessible.
- Over 5,000 servers in a vast network
- For surfing and streaming, you’ll get blazingly quick speeds.
- You may also watch Netflix and other services from anywhere.
- Available at the same time are smartphone applications and browser plugins.
- The option of specialty servers is available for extra security.
- Our live chat support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- There is no dedicated router software for iOS devices.
3 – SurfShark
- Linux, iOS, Windows, Android, and MAC are all excellent choices.
- Surfshark operates 85+ data centers in total.
- There are around 3200 servers on the firm’s global base.
- SLAs are available for thirty days, six months, and a year.
- Streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are available.
- Torrenting is already legal.
- Over 20,000 IP addresses have been activated.
Surfshark is a fantastic VPN to get an IP addrss for Malaysia since it has over 3,200 servers in 63 locations across the world. Because of unlimited bandwidth and acceptable speeds, you may now watch all of your favorite Malaysian TV programs without delay or lag. Users can connect as many devices as they like at the same time.
When you use Surfshark, you can rest confident that your data will be secure. It features 256-bit encryption, DNS, and IPv6 leak protection as well as a kill switch to stop prying eyes from seeing what you’re doing. It also detects malware in your downloads without showing advertisements.
You also have no idea what information Surfshark gathers and keeps. If you want to keep your activity anonymous, you may use Bitcoin, Ripple, or Ethereum to pay for the service. There is also a 24/7 help line if you encounter difficulties at night or on weekends.
Surfshark is a browser plugin that allows you to pretend to be and track online activity. The program is compatible with Windows, Android, Mac OS X, iOS, and Linux operating systems. It may also be manually configured to work with specific network routers if that’s required.
- For lag-free streaming, the speeds are adequate.
- Let’s you watch Netflix US, TV1, and other local channels.
- There is a wide range of security and privacy solutions available.
- Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Unlimited connections
- Occasionally lacks speed
4 – IPVanish
- Every operating system is supported.
- Over 1800 servers are located all over the world.
- There are 10 servers in Malaysia.
- Streaming services such as BBC iPlayer and HBO are readily available.
- A 256-bit key is used for encryption.
- There are around 75 server locations in all.
- It’s the finest with Kodi.
IPVanish is very reliable to get an IP address for Malaysia. IPVanish is a VPN service located in the United States with over 1,800 servers in 60 locations across the world, including Malaysia. IPVanish is a safe bet due to its speed and security, having been established in 2012.
In our study, we discovered that streaming speeds were more than adequate. According to our testing, IPVanish is also able to unblock popular Malaysian on-demand video services including BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime Video.
IPVanish offers excellent security features, including a kill switch and malware protection. You may connect up to 10 devices to IPVanish at once, which is an advantage because many VPNs limit you to only six connections.
Overall, IPVanish’s level of security is excellent. It has a no-logs policy and uses 256-bit AES encryption. There’s also protection from DNS leaks and a kill switch that kills your data should the VPN connection go down for any reason.
You can use IPVanish on Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. Manual configuration is required for Linux and routers.
- Quick and dependable service.
- Up to ten simultaneous connections.
- There are live chat support services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Secure with encryption and a no-logs policy
- There’s no way to pay using Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency.
- Headquartered in the USA
5- CyberGhost VPN
- Competible with all the OS.
- There are 7700 servers activated in Malaysia.
- In Kuala Lumpur, they have placed 14 servers.
- Netflix and Amazon Prime both provide a broad range of streaming entertainment.
- It is critical to use cutting-edge encryption and security methods
- Over 89 countries were represented.
CyberGhost is quiet effective to get an IP address for Malaysia. CyberGhost has over 7700 servers in 60 locations across the world. CyberGhost boasts ten more servers than other VPNs do in Malaysia, with a total of ten servers. Aside from being quick, CyberGhost’s servers are consistent, allowing for simple and lag-free streaming.
CyberGhost allows you to watch a variety of streaming services, including Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. We believe the value is there given that you can connect up to seven devices to it at once.
It’s worth noting that CyberGhost has grown its software portfolio, which is simple to navigate. Customers may also use live chat with CyberGhost, which is similar to other great VPNs.
CyberGhost is a wonderful VPN for when you need to visit blocked sites. It has 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and an automatic kill switch, making it one of the most secure VPNs on the market. CyberGhost is located in Romania and has a no-logs policy that protects your privacy.
CyberGhost VPN software is compatible with Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Android TV, and Amazon Fire Stick. Linux users can use Chrome or Firefox browser extensions while network routers may benefit from Chrome or Firefox browser extensions.
- 14 total servers in Malaysia and over 7700 across the world
- Increase the number of simultaneous connections by seven.
- Firefox add-ons and well-designed programs
- They are available at all times, and they provide real-time assistance.
- Encryption and a no-logs policy protect you from data breaches.
- There are no Linux or network router applications installed.
- Although it is sometimes successful in unblocking popular streaming services, it isn’t always so.
What Is the Reason To Have an IP Address For Malaysia?
You may get an IP address for Malaysia due to the reasons listed.
- To access your bank online from regions abroad.
- To access your favorite streaming services like Hulu or Netflix from other locations.
- To access any sensitive information from the restricted location.
What Are The Most Important Things To Think About When Selecting A VPN?
There are a lot of VPNs to choose from, and it’s impossible to determine which one is ideal for you. This problem never goes away since new ones keep coming on the market.
We sought enterprises in Malaysia that met the following requirements to get an IP address for Malaysia:
- There should be a network of strong servers in place.
- Fast connections are essential.
- The program, encrypts your critical data using cutting-edge encryption technology to provide further protection.
- It must be compatible with all of today’s most popular computer operating systems.
- It’s extremely tough for it to obtain any information that might be linked to your identity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it legal to utilize a virtual private network in Malaysia?
Yes, VPNs are permitted in Malaysia. We recommend using a VPN due to the country’s online censorship. By utilizing a VPN, you may unblock geo-blocked media and secure your privacy from your ISP and the government.
Why do I need to get an IP address for Malaysia?
With a Malaysia IP address, you can unblock geo-restricted content from Malaysia no matter where you are. Furthermore, a VPN with a large network of servers allows you to access banned content from all over the world. Using a VPN with servers in the United States, for example, may allow you to watch streaming services like Netflix.
If you live in Malaysia or are visiting, using a VPN to acquire an IP address from there can protect your privacy. Malaysia’s internet freedom is classified as “Partly Free” by Freedom House, with a marginal drop in 2018.
In particular, the passage of the Fake News Act of 2018, which resulted in people being arrested and charged for online speech. The Fake News Act makes it a crime to have any news whatsoever that is mostly or totally untrue.
In 2017, the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) announced that they had blocked over 5,000 websites. While most of these were connected to one another, others were news sites such as Malaysia Chronicle and The Malaysian Insider.
Online publications Medium and Asia Sentinel, for example, were both blocked in January 2016 after publishing an opinion piece critical of the government. While some of these limits have since been lifted, a VPN allows you to visit such sites at any time.
What is the best way to access Malaysian television through the internet?
If you can’t access foreign TV stations from Malaysia, the finest VPNs for Malaysia may help you watch your favorite shows from there. You’ll be able to view Malaysian television stations anywhere in the world by connecting to a server in Malaysia.
As a result of this, you’ll be able to watch popular Malaysian streaming services like Iflix and Tonton as well as terrestrial channels such as TV3. Furthermore, you’ll be able to access popular Malaysian streaming services including Iflix and Tonton.
Simply connect to a VPN server in Malaysia to unblock PPV videos. To guarantee that the website or service you’re using remembers your actual IP address, you may need to clear your browser’s cookies.
Switching to servers in other countries allows you to watch streaming services from back home, such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and ESPN.
Is it possible to get a Malaysian IP address with a free VPN?
Unfortunately, not many free VPNs have servers in Malaysia. Furthermore, those that do tend to be of poor quality. This is due to the fact that free VPNs have a large number of users but only a few servers.
Malaysian films and television shows may be difficult to watch due to buffering and lag. Furthermore, our experience with free VPNs has shown that they are frequently unable to access certain geo-restricted content, such as Netflix and Iflix.
Some people use VPNs to stay safer online by hiding their real IP addresses while others utilize free VPNs in order to access restricted content. Because free VPNs frequently lack secure encryption and other security features like a kill switch, they are not safe to utilize. These characteristics are particularly significant for torrent users who want protection against ISP-level monitoring.
Worse still, numerous free VPNs have been discovered to sell your data and online activity to the highest bidder. In a nutshell, few free VPNs can compete with the best paid VPNs in terms of quality.