What if you wanted to keep up with Irish news and bank online while you were on vacation in another country? We’ll walk you through the process to get an Irish IP address so that you may watch your favourite shows and keep your personal information protected.
The primary goal of a virtual private network (VPN) is to increase your anonymity when browsing the web. When you use a VPN, you may browse the internet without fear of your employer, Internet service provider, or government reading your traffic.
There is an additional advantage to using a virtual private network (VPN). This instantly gives you a new IP address that is particular to your country. Using a VPN, you may gain access to geo-restricted services that are otherwise unavailable due to the fact that they rely on your IP address to determine your current location.
If you get an Irish IP address, you may continue to stream your favorite Irish content and utilize essential internet services like banking when you’re away from home.
How To Get An Irish IP Address
Even if you’ve never used a VPN before, it’s simple to circumvent geographical restrictions and access everything you want on the internet. ExpressVPN is a tested way to get an Irish IP address in a blink of an eye.
1 . Select a reliable VPN provider. We really recommend ExpressVPN.
2. Once you’ve purchased and installed the application, double-check that it’s for the correct operating system.
3. First, you must connect to the Irish domain location server of a service. Is it possible to access a geo-restricted Irish website? If you are still unable to log in, delete your browser’s cache and cookies before reloading the page.
Best VPNs To Get An Irish IP Address
Detailed Overview of Best Available VPN Services
1 – ExpressVPN
- It works well with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- 160 server locations in a dense network.
- There are 3000 servers operating all over the world.
- The contract lengths available are one month, six months, and one year.
- Split Tunneling Yes,
- Netflix, ITV Hub, and other UK streaming services are available. Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP addresses, both dynamic and static
- Providing services in 94 countries
An excellent all-purpose VPN which is best to get an Irish IP address, ExpressVPN has over 3,000 servers located in 94 different countries, including Ireland. HD video can be streamed without apparent buffering, and it can access a wide range of geo-restricted services including RTÉ Player and Amazon Prime Video.
A kill switch and 256-bit encryption are all included in the desktop version, as well as leak prevention for DNS and IPv6. And ExpressVPN doesn’t save anything that may be used to track your activity.
Customers may pay using Bitcoin to remain completely anonymous. Live chat customer service is accessible around the clock in the event that you need assistance.
- Has servers in Ireland that are quick and trustworthy.
- Accelerated rates of speed
- Security methods that are quite effective.
- A high degree of success in unblocking
- Servers on a massive network
- Compared to its competitors, it is a little more pricey.
2 – NordVPN
- It works best with Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android devices.
- 5200 servers are in service.
- Have 80 operational server locations
- 80+ servers are active in Ireland
- Recommended server is “ie135.nordvpn.com”
- SLA contract terms include one month, one year, and two years.
- Access Split Tunneling
- Accessibility to BBC iPlayer,Netflix & ITV Hub
- Torrenting Yes
- More than 5000 IPs are there to change your IP address.
- Serving in 62 different countries
When it comes to getting an Ireland IP address, NordVPN comes highly recommended. There are more than 5,000 servers spread out over 60 countries, including 80+ in Ireland. For streaming, it delivers excellent speeds and successfully unblocks sites with particularly tough geo-restriction restrictions.
In addition, this service supports up to six simultaneous connections, which is more than many of its competitors offer. Many safety measures are included with this VPN. There is 256-bit encryption, security against DNS, IPv6, WebRTC, and port forwarding leaks, as well as a kill button particular to the programme being protected.
Tor may also be accessed over a VPN, or traffic can be routed through two VPN servers for further security. NordVPN adheres to a strong no-logs policy, so you can rest certain that your information is secure. Are you in need of assistance? To reach customer service at any time, you can use live chat.
In addition to Windows, Linux and MacOS, iOS and Android users also have access to NordVPN’s software. In order to use it, a compatible internet router must be configured manually.
- 5,000 servers are run, including 50 in Ireland.
- A big VPN with a robus network
- Connections are fast and reliable
- Live chat assistance is available round-the-clock.
- Not all servers are immediately accessible due to the lengthier connection time.
3 – SurfShark
- Working with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux is a breeze.
- 80 server locations are served.
- A strong network of 3000 servers.
- Term of SLA a month, a year, and two years
- Robust security options.
- Netflix and ITV Hub are available.
- Torrenting available
- Dynamic versus static IP addresses
When it comes to value for money, Surfshark is hard to beat, beside this it is famous to get an Irish IP address. Over 3,000 servers spread across 65 countries provide good streaming rates. Some of the many services that this VPN is compatible with include: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and many more!
Surfshark has a great security feature. A kill button, absolute forward secrecy, and military-grade encryption are all included. Automatic wifi protection, split tunnelling, and VPN obfuscation are among the other features available. There are no logs of any kind kept.
Surfshark is compatible with a variety of home routers, including those running Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and iOS. Connections can be made in any number at any time.
- It’s great for streaming.
- There are no limits on the number of parallel devices.
- Doesn’t maintain any logs 24/7 support.
- There are apps for every major operating system out there.
- The assistance may be improved.
4 – IPVanish
- Optimal overall performance, independent of platform.
- A worldwide network of 1800 servers.
- In Dublin, 14 servers are located.
- Streaming services such as BBC iPlayer and HBO are easily accessible.
- To encrypt the data, a 256-bit key is employed.
- There are over 75 different server sites.
- Compatible with Kodi
A very reliable service to get an Irish IP address. More than 1,800 servers are available to IPVanish customers in over 75 countries, including the Republic of Ireland. On the move, IPVanish is a wonderful choice because of its fast speeds, lightweight applications and good ability to bypass censorship. Furthermore, there is no connection restriction, so you can safeguard all of your devices at simultaneously.
Even at a cheap pricing point, IPVanish offers an impressive array if security options. Additionally, DNS and IPv6 leak prevention and a kill switch are included. 256-bit encryption is only one of the many features available (desktop apps only).
Allows you to disguise OpenVPN traffic and restrict local connections, as well as changing your IP address at pre-determined intervals. There are no logs kept at all by IPVanish. Support is available via live chat at any time.
IPVanish includes applications for Windows, Android, MacOS, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick. Linux systems and certain wireless routers need manual setup.
- Lightweight apps are perfect for range of devices.
- Aselection of specialised safety measures
- Accelerated rates of speed
- Inability to unlock as many services as some of its competitors
5- CyberGhost VPN
- Linux and Microsoft Windows get along well.
- There are about 7700 servers located all over the world.
- 60 dedicated servers are activated in Ireland.
- Netflix and Amazon Prime are both widely available.
- It is critical to employ cutting-edge encryption and security techniques.
- Served in 89 different countries and territories.
Another alternative to get an Irish IP address. CyberGhost boasts more than 7,000 servers in 91 countries, and 60 in Ireland alone. A list of servers shows which platforms they can unblock so there’s no guesswork involved in streaming live HD content. Additionally, this service allows up to seven simultaneous connections, which means that you can safeguard all of your devices with a single account.
No matter how simple CyberGhost may be to use, it does not compromise security. It offers 256-bit encryption, an always-on death switch (on all platforms), IPv6 and DNS leak prevention, automated ad filtering and malware scanning, and all of these things together.
Your online actions cannot be tracked because Cyberghost does not save any personally identifying information, but you may pay using Bitcoin if you want even more privacy. Live chat is available 24/7 in case you run into any issues..
CyberGhost has software for Linux, Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android. Select network routers are supported, however they must be manually configured.
- Exceptionally fast server performance.
- Increased velocities
- Enforced security
- Intuitive problem solving
- Not enough configuration possibilities for power users
What Is the Point to Get an Irish IP Address?
There are a number of reasons why you might need to get an Irish IP address.
- Your bank’s website may be visited from a variety of locations.
- It is vital that geo-restricted services such as Netflix and Hulu continue to be available.
- Nobody outside the region has access to private or secret information.
What Should You Look For in a Virtual Private Network
It’s hard to know which VPN service is best for you. Moreover, there are so many options to choose from, and new ones are always being developed.
We searched for providers that satisfied the following requirements:.
- If possible, has numerous Irish-speaking servers
- HD streaming is supported by dependable connections and speeds that are sufficient for this purpose.
- Includes several safety mechanisms, such as encryption that is virtually impossible to decipher.
- Can be utilised with all of the most popular operating systems.
- Non-personally identifiable data is not logged.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to acquire an Irish IP address using a free VPN?
For a variety of reasons, we advise against using a free VPN. To begin with, they nearly never have enough servers to accommodate all of their customers’ demands. If you’re trying to stream video, you’ll notice that it regularly skips frames and buffers when this happens.
Free VPNs are frequently the first to be blocked by large streaming providers, so your chances of watching anything are minimal.
Maintaining a global network and its servers is too expensive. Because of this, free VPNs don’t collect any money from you at the beginning of your relationship with them. A lot of free services have adverts inserted into their websites, and this is nothing new for them.
Tracking cookies can also be used to gather important user data that can be sold to marketers in the future, frequently without the user’s knowledge or consent.
Perhaps the most troubling development is that it’s getting increasingly difficult to locate a secure free VPN. Smaller firms have little motivation to play fair when industry heavyweights like Google and Facebook don’t. We’ve seen huge players sell user bandwidth to run a botnet before.
A recent study found that over 40% of tested apps included malware, over 80% spilled data across IPv6, and just 18% applied any type of encryption. It’s preferable to utilize an established and trustworthy virtual private network (VPN).
Can I watch Irish TV while travelling overseas with the use of a VPN?
Most streaming services utilizes the user’s IP address to determine the user’s location, however this isn’t always the case. By connecting to an Irish VPN server, you may virtually pretend to be in Ireland while browsing the internet.
This means that with the correct VPN, you can access platforms like Virgin Media One, RTÉ One, and TG4 from anywhere in the world.
As a result, it’s important to keep in mind that certain platforms restrict access to content in various ways. During the registration process, for example, you may be asked to specify an Irish payment method.
Even if you live outside of Ireland, these services are very hard to use unless they accept gift cards or bitcoin as forms of payment.
An Irish IP address is necessary for what other reasons?
Automated fraud alarms are becoming increasingly widespread. From your Uber and Netflix accounts to your online banking services, they’re everywhere. These are supposed to alert you when your account is accessed outside of the country, but in fact, they might result in travelers being temporarily locked out of their own accounts.
By initially connecting to a server in your own country, it is far less likely that these services will even recognize you as being outside your region.
You’re completely reliant on free public Wi-Fi when exploring a strange place. These hotspots are useful, but they may also be monitored, limiting your ability to view specific content. To avoid being tracked by snoopers like harmful hackers, you may use a VPN to overcome these limitations and surf anonymously.
With a virtual private network (VPN), can you acquire an Irish IP address?
A virtual private network is lawful in most countries; therefore, you won’t face any legal consequences for utilizing one to receive an Irish IP address. It’s quite different if you commit a crime while connected. You should be alright as long as you don’t do anything unlawful.
We’ve done a lot of study on this issue, but we’re not attorneys. Our statements above should not be interpreted as legal advice.
What is the best VPN for RTE Player?
RTE Player, unlike many other streaming providers, does not impose significant regional limitations. Live streaming is possible, but you’ll need a service capable of unblocking it and delivering fast enough rates to do it.
It’s for this reason we recommend using a VPN service like Surfshark, or NordVPN (although any of the others in this list should work too).
What's the most affordable VPN for Ireland?
If you’re ready to commit to a few years of service, you can purchase NordVPN, Surfshark, or CyberGhost for less than €2 per month. These all have money back guarantees, so you can test them out and discover which one works best for you.