How To Change Your IP Address in UK in 2022
There are four legitimate ways to change IP address in UK with an ease.This section is dedicated to instructing users about changing their IP address.
Take a look and follow the instructions precisely.
How To Change IP Address in UK Using Virtual Private Network
When you use any of the virtual private networks we’ve evaluated in this guide, the service will instantly make you appear to have a distinct IP address originating from UK.
Simply open your VPN software and connect to a city other than your current one in less than 30 seconds, and you’ll have changed your IP to appear to originate from Canada. We will discuss the steps of changing IP address using a VPN later in this article.
The VPNs such as those that require a browser to use, are often much lighter weight than standalone VPN apps. There are some significant privacy distinctions but when you utilize a proxy, your visible IP address is also altered. Browser-based VPNs are available for all three major web browsers: Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. You may test your own versions of proxies and browser-based VPNs with each of these programs.
Setting up a VPN on your laptop or iPhone device is just as simple as installing any other app on your phone, and we have got a step-by-step tutorial to show you how to do it.
If you’ve never used a virtual private network (VPN) before, We have got a quick summary of What factors should we consider before acquiring a VPN service? which you might find useful. Avoid free VPNs, whichever you do. Seriously not worth the malware risk.
How To Change IP Address in UK Using ExpressVPN
To change IP address in UK is not a big deal, its just a matter of a few seconds if you have the right direction and means are available. Please follow the steps given below:
List Of Best VPNs To Change An IP Address In UK
The finest suggested VPNs that can easily change an IP address in UK. They are cost-effective and efficient as well, they can grab you an IP address for any other country like the US, Newzealand, United Kingdom, or Australia
Detailed Overview of Recommended VPN Services
- Optimum Performance with Android, Windows, Linux, macOS, & iOS
- Robust circumventing options
- Strong no-logs policy
- Customized apps
- Sluggish on macOS
- Instant customer support is unavailable.
- No support for Internet Explorer
- Five concurrent connections at a time.
With ExpressVPN, you can change an IP address in UK and break free of the restrictions imposed by IP geolocation. Since 2009, the business has served thousands of clients in 90+ countries across 3000+ servers on 165+ server locations.
ExpressVPN stands out because it uses TST, or Trust Server Technology, for its security. This method of security allows the firm to never store user activities.
Using specialist server capture tools, ExpressVPN has demonstrated that there is a “No Logs Policy on Personal Data” by using strong technical precautions. Others are kept from interfering with others through ExpressVPN.
There’s also a built-in “Kill Switch” on ExpressVPN that kills all system data should the VPN connection fail. Another interesting element of ExpressVPN is the ad-blocking feature, which they include. It also includes strong DNS leaks protection and anti-malware protection, as well as an ad blocker.
Cryptocurrency may now be used to pay ExpressVPN. Bitcoin is a popular payment method, and it’s good news that Crypto has added it as one of its options. All pricing plans come with a money-back guarantee.
- Recommended for iOS, Linux, Android, MAC, and Windows
- Serving on 160+ server locations
- A robust network of 3000 Servers over the globe
- SLA for 1 year, 60 days, and 30 days
- Availability of Split – Tunneling Yes
- Streaming Services Yes
- Netflix, Amazon Prime Video Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- 30000+ IP Addresses
- 05 parallel connections
- Operating in 94 countries
- User friendly app.
- Strong policy on data logging
- Robust accessibility options.
- Runs Static IP address
- Customer support can be improved
- Manually operates kill switch on macOS.
As compared to ExpressVPN, NordVPN is runner-up in terms to change IP address in UK. NordVPN is the greatest among well-known VPNs when it comes to breaking IP geolocation bans. It provides 5 connections in addition to 6 rivals’ servers, for a total of 10 connections.
The service has a total of 5,200 servers in 85+ server locations across 62 regions, and it is presently available in over 50 locations. Users of NordVPN may request a Private IP option for the dedicated VPN service by contacting them. The Kill Switch transforms the VPN into Tor in one simple step.
We reduced our speeds by 53%, yet NordVPN’s keep to be quite quick. There was no outage, and where VPNs fall short, they overachieve.
- Flexible to work with iOS, Android, Linux, MAC, and Windows
- Over 85+ server locations are supported.
- A robust network of 5200+ servers
- 1944 Servers in US.
- Recommended Servers is “us8429.nordvpn.com” to get flawless service.
- Accessibility to social media platforms
- SLA for 1 year,60 days, and 30 days
- Amazon Prime & Netflix Videos are available
- Torrenting is available
- 5000+ IP addresses (Dynamic and a Static IP)
- 64+ nations are covered by your company’s presence.
- Countless connections can be made.
- Firm policy on no data logging.
- Cheap monthly and yearly packages.
- Trial period for a month.
- Customer service can be improved.
- Manually operates kill switch on mac.
- Fixed IP addresses.
Surfshark is a reliable way to change IP address in UK. Because of the features, it has provided to the market, such as unrestricted device support and a wide variety of computers, laptops, and routers, Surfshark has no trouble competing with its rivals.
This product also includes anti-tracking, ad-blocking, and antivirus features in the free version. It instantly removes IP geolocation limitations. The loss of speed during a speed test is typically just 16%. In terms of consistency in performance, it outperforms many rivals.
Browser extensions support which is supported by the Surfsharks, has put it ahead of its competition. Cure 53, a German cyber security firm, praised the extension’s support for all well-known browsers such as Chrome and Firefox.
They run on a variety of platforms, including iOS, macOS, networked gaming consoles, Fire TV, and Windows. Game console configuration is also possible through DNS.
Surfshark provides three distinct ways to circumvent encryption. Your activities will be removed in Hideous Mode., In multihop mode, data is sent across many nations in order to conceal you., and NoBorders Mode allows you to use Surfshark in specific locations.
Subscriptions are available in three, six, and 12 months. The 30-day money-back guarantee applies to all subscription plans.
- There are currently 85 server addresses available for use by Surfshark.
- The firm has 3200 servers located in over 40 countries throughout the world.
- Unlocking of streaming services
- SLA for 1 year ,60 days and 30 days
- Netflix & Amazon Prime Video.
- Torrenting Yes
- 20,000+ IP Addresses ( Static & Dynamic IP Address)
2. How To Change IP Address On Operating Systems
On windows, you may change IP address using two methods. These processes may be used on any Windows computer or other widows based device. Here are a few simple actions that might help you fix your problem.
How to Change IP Address On Windows OS
There are two methods by which one can change IP address on Windows platform. Either you apply tecnique to automatically change IP address or you opt for manual way of changing IP address. Both the ways are defined with clear intention to resolve user’s issue, be patient and apply the specific steps.
How to manually change IP address on Windows
Steps are given, use the following steps can make you easily change IP address manually.
How to automatically change IP address on Windows
Steps are given to change IP address automatically.
How To Change IP Address On macOS
It’s an operating system like Windows, It’s called “macOS” because it was designed for the Mac technologies. Every Mac machine is smart enough, which allows you to accomplish things that other computers can’t do. For changing IP address on macOS one must follow the steps given below.
How to manually change IP address on macOS
How to automatically change IP address on macOS
How To Change IP Address On Android OS
The Android operating system is a mobile operating system designed and produced by Google that is only used on touchscreen smartphones and tablets. Below are the steps given which will help you to change IP address on an android device . Mobile device are very easy to be configured to change IP address.
How to manually change IP address on Android OS
How to automatically change IP address on Android OS
3. How Change IP Address On Various Gadgets
Readers will be directed to find and change their IP address for any device they have after reading this part.
How To Change IP Addres On An iPhone
The iPhone is a smart device designed, that gathers a mobile phone, an iPod, a high-definition camera, and a computer into one device with a touchscreen user interface. Changin IP address on iPhone is an easy task, you are a few steps away to change IP address on iPhone , just follow the given steps.
How to manually change IP address on iPhone
How to automatically change IP address on iPhone
How To Change IP Address On A Printer
A printer is a piece of hardware that converts electronic data from a computer or other device into tangible form. Changing IP address on a printing device is easy and simple . Following the steps given, can make you able to change IP address on a printer.
How to manually change IP address on Printer
How to automatically change IP address on Printer
How To Change IP Address On A Router
Now a days routers are considered to be smart devices they are easy to access with user friendly UI and can easily implement the instructions passed by the user. Follow the below given steps to change IP address on a router.
Steps to follow
How To Change IP Address On An Android TV
Smart TVs running the Android TV operating system are powered by Android and developed by Google for users to enjoy soundbars, digital media players, and set-top boxes on their television sets. To change IP address on an Android, follow the steps given below:
Steps to follow
4. How To Change IP Address Using Proxy Servers
Proxy servers are a great alternative to VPNs, and they can quickly change IP addresses. The client’s request is forwarded to an intermediate server when it connects to a proxy server. The user’s data is sent to the intermediary server, which processes it and provides a ready response.
- The proxy server is responsible for adding any necessary information to the client request before forwarding it to the webserver.
- A proxy server may change the user’s IP address to make it appear to be from a different location.
- It may scramble the data in order to perplex it for various devices.
- It’s possible to use tracking to block IP addresses.
How Does a Proxy Server Work
Every computer on the internet requires a distinct Internet Protocol (IP) Address in order to connect to the web. Assume that your physical address is a proxy for your geographical area. The internet may send correct data to the proper device via an IP address as a routing system.
A proxy server is a computer with its own Internet Protocol address that your machine understands. When you submit a web request, it goes through the proxy server first. The proxy server, as the name suggests, is in charge of your web request and collects the webserver’s response before returning it to you.
It’s possible for a proxy server to modify the data you submit while still delivering the information you want. Changing your IP address with a proxy server may trick the web server into thinking you’re in a different country by encrypting and making your information unreadable as it travels over the internet.
There are three types of software: Free, Pro, and Premium. In addition to a money-back guarantee, all paid packages come with free lifetime updates.
- Splendid anonimity
- Free, Pro, and Premium versions are widely available.
- Consistent with speed and connectivity
- No extra security
- Risk of data hacking.
- Not easy to configure
What Is An IP Address
The IP address that stands for Internet Protocol, allows data to be pulled and sent by the authentic systems, through an IP a user’s physical location can easily be traced.
The full form of IP address is an internet protocol address; indeed it’s a unique identifier that is linked with a specific gadget or system or network that is connected to the web, central responsibility of an IP address is to serve interface identification, location addressing & transfer of data and large files from one detination to the specified location.
Should I Change My IP Address In UK
It’s indeed a need to change IP address in UK, usually when trying to access the content that is not available to your region then you change the IP address to access the content.
- When the gamers need to reduce the lag.
- When the internet researcher wants to see the latest products available within some specific region, the IP is changed then.
- When a movie addict wants to see a certain movie that is only available on a streaming website, then we alter the IP address
- When the software downloading website blocks within your region, then you change the IP address to run that website.
- Although technology has brought ease to us, complexities are still there which we remove according to our needs and our game plan.
How Important Is An IP Address
As a whole a system of cyberspace is solely dependent on IP addresses, they are not just important but vital for the system to work with the highest efficiency.
- An IP address is like a National ID, that is your unique identity, Keeping your id safe, keeps you safe. The same is the case with a computer connected to the web, the unique id is assigned to each computer, no one can harm you or trace your address without that key, so keeping your IP safe will make you safe over the internet.
- IPs are important because the information we pull or disseminate reaches the destination traveling through the unique IP address, if there is no unique IP addressing system in place all the system will be messed up.
What Are Different Types Of An IP Address
There are The system designers divided IP address into different classes and types but mainly we have discussed here four major types and two versions of IP Address, here are a few types of IP addresses
Static IP Vs. Dynamic IP – Differences
A static IP address can be defined as the ones which are assigned by the Internet Service Provider, as the name suggests they are fixed or the stationery addresses, they cannot be changed up till the time you change the ISP or network. Usually, static IP addresses are used by important connected devices like printers or Servers, every connected device has different IP address as every gadget uses different one.
Using Static IP
- Any sort of server that is using static IP can easily be searched by the users through the DNS.
- Setting it up with a DNS server is easy.
- For VoIP or teleconferencing services Static IP addresses are supposed to be the best.
- Static IPs can easily be blocked by knowing the region or geolocation in a few cases as per the need but it’s great when you need services like weather updates through IP address changing and making it static.
- Static IPs are vulnerable, as they are not changing so with fine tools hackers can take over it effortlessly.
- A new ip address one can get by requesting to the service provider.
When the IP is assigned or changed on an ad-hoc basis through the Dynamic Host Control Protocol – DHCP, that IP address is called a Dynamic IP address. Dynamic IP addresses are used just because IPV4 is not capable of providing enough static IPs for every single node.
Using DHCP assings different ip address everytime user logs in. Using different ip address fools the snoopers to trace your computer directly.
- Dynamic IP addresses are very easy to set up as the DHCP server assigns the next available IP to the gadget that connects the network.
- Reusability of Unlimited IPs is an advantage of using dynamic ip address.
- As they are IP address changing, they are less vulnerable to hackers that makes them more secure.
Public Vs. Private – Differences
The Public IP addresses are the one which can be interacted with directly over the internet and is allotted to the network by the internet service provider. Public ip address connects your gadgets to the internet through the Router in that case your gadget’s Id remains hidden means your ip address is unchanged and you will use same IP address.
Using Public IP
- As compated to Private Ip address, public ip address expose your location to the authorities of the hackers who can trace and track you down in no time
- Using public ip address instead private IP addresses is a bit dangerous as advertising websites can trace the pattern you follow to perform your activities through IP Scanners, later they can use the data for their business purpose.
When your router assigns a special and unique IP address to every gadget in the LAN through which they communicate with each other inside the network making it impossible for the external devices to establish a connection within the network, that is called a Private IP Address.
Managing private IP address needs professional skills as compared to public IP address . Administrators can find or change private IP addresses by altering local area connection.
Using Private IP
- Private IP address Can be traced within the network they are operating in, the private IP addresses can be changed or seen only by the gadgets they are in communication with.
IPv4 Vs. IPv6 – Differences
IPV4 is now an obsolete IP allotment system, while back in 1980 when the system erupted, had a huge capacity of allocating 4.3 billion IPs but as the internet grew, internet protocol version 4 started failing as there is a massive need for unique IP addresses to be allocated.
Nowadays IPv6 has been considered to be the most reliable IP changing and assigning system which has revamped the old procedures opted by the IPv4 system.
- can generate only 4.3 billion IP addresses.
- It uses a decimal notation system , following ip address is an example of IPV4, 192.168.1.10.
- It has a manual configuration mode that means when some node connects to the system the user manually has to configure the IP system.
- It supports a 32 bit IP address.
- It was introduced in 1980.
IPV6, the most anticipated system of this time was first introduced in the 1990s as a replacement for IPv4, it is now considered to be the future IP allocation system. IPV4 used 4 groups of numbers which are separated by the dot, in response to that ancient system IPv6 uses 8 groups of numbers which are separated by “:” and it has total capacity of 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456 assigning IPs.
- Has capacity to generate 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456 IP addresses.
- It uses colon “:” notation system, following ip address is an example of ipv6 7006:0fs8:2111:0098:0303:8b9e:0290:72e6
- Supports auto IP configuration.
- It supports 128 bit IP addresses.
- It was introduced in 1998.
What is A VPN
A VPN (virtual private network) is the coolest and most reliable way for users to keep their tracks real ip address hidden and bypass censorship, these options are provided by VPNs “Encrypted Layered System”, the security layer doesn’t allow marketers, hackers, government authorities, and the ISP to trace your ventures online. They are specfically used to change IP address to Ukrain, Australia or Argentina
VPN connects your gadgets to a remote system named “Server” that provides you the opportunity of changing your ip address and to browse the web without facing any restrictions. Suppose if the server is placed in the region of the US and your computer connects to it, it appears that your gadget is lying in that region, so all the restrictions or the blocked contents concerning your region can be accessed.
How does virtual private network help you to browse data? Here are some facts :
- It bypasses geographical censorship due to which one can access the blocked content.
- Provided you a proper medium to stream content on business or home network.
- VPN Connections are more secure than unreliable and treacherous Wi-Fi hotspots.
- A secured layering system hides you completely.
- Every service has its own VPN app which is available widely for users with lots of phenominal options.
There is alternative to VPN is Proxy Server . A proxy server does the same duty as a VPN but managing proxy server can be a difficult task as there is a bit technicality is involved configuring proxy settings, beside this proxy server are not reliable as they are failed to prevent tracking and logging user activities although they are available for free online, using which is gateway to danger.
What Are The Most Crucial Factors To Consider While Selecting A VPN in UK.
It’s difficult to determine which VPN is ideal for you. There are so many various VPNs to choose from, and they’re always coming up with new ones. We looked for service providers that met the following requirements in order to change your IP address in UK.
- Robust server network
- Reliable and quick connectivity
- Encryption of your most sensitive data.
- Compatibility with operating systems and devices
- Strong no-logging policy.
What Are The Five Most Important Protocols Of A VPN
Specifically there are Five most important types of a VPN protocols to be discusses. Actually VPN protocols are the technical hoops that VPN security protocols must jump through are the processes and sets of commands used by VPN providers to ensure that their customers have stable, secure client-server interactions. A VPN protocol is essentially a combination of transmission technologies and encryption standards.
Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)
L2TP stands for Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol is a tunneling system that is used in combination with some other security protocol to launch an extremely secure connection. It provides a tunnel between L2TP connections while the combined protocol encrypts the data and maintains secure data transfer.
Point–to–Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
PPTP is one of the most widely used VPN protocols and is used since the inception of Windows. PPTP is used on Mac and Linux as well. Point-to-Point encryption is used to secure the data within the generated safeguarded tunnel between the two connected nodes.
It traditionally uses SSL and TLS technology for secured transitions. It is mostly used to create a website-to website or point-to-point secured connections.
An Internet Protocol Security (IPSec)
IPSec uses secured Internet communication over the IP network. IPSec verified the session encrypts the data packets when communication goes on. The transport mode of IPSec runs the encryption on the message within the data packet and the tunnel mode encrypts the whole data packet.
SSL and TLS
It launches a secured connection for changing your IP address, your web browser acts as the client and customer access is limited within the entire network. It is possible to run SSL through a web browser and minimum activities performed by the user. This tool is widely and most commonly used by e-commerce websites around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is changing your IP address illegal in UK?
Masking your IP address in UK is perfectly legal while changing your IP address and location by running some illegal activities like spamming may charge you under the Computer Fraud & Abuse Act. People from other regions may refer to the laws implemented in their territory.
Is it illegal to change your IP address in UK?
Although to change you IP address in UK is entirely legal, altering it and fraudulently promoting whatever your Internet protocol is a violation of the Criminal Code which can get you penalized according to the law of country.
Is it safe to have a static IP address in UK?
It is more vulnerable, as it is non changing, hackers can easily trace and take over it.
Does VPN change IP address in UK?
Indeed not in just UK but inside the whole planet, the configuration done by the VPN will not only just change your IP address, but it will also improve your whole online experience. Using a VPN service can increase your performance by assisting you in overcoming and avoiding network congestion.
Is changing IP address safe in UK?
Updating an Internet address is simple, secure, and legal. Don’t be worried. Since you’ve never done this before, updating your Internet address is simple. It also is completely legal and safe, as far as you’re not violating any other regulations.
Does resetting router change IP?
Suppose you are using a router that is connected to the internet. It resets, when you reconnect with your gadget, the released IP of your gadget is different from the current IP that you are connected with.
How can I change my IP address without VPN ?
You can opt for any of the given solutions:
● “Proxy IP” is used for changing your IP address
● Tor browsers can be a choice to change your IP frequently.
● Connecting to a different network or ISP can change your IP Address location
● Requesting ISP to change your IP address can be a solution
● Resetting your modem/router is a way to change the IP address
What happens if two devices have the same IP address?
It is mostly impossible that such a situation arises, if it happens usually on the same network (LAN) the conflict arises between the two nodes trying to use the same IP address and end up being not able to connect and perform any tasks.
Why is my IP address not changing after VPN?
If the virtual private network program becomes unable to refresh the forwarding table, traffic would not be channeled through the Private network, and you’ll see ones actual IP address on geolocation webpages. It usually happens when somebody uses free version of VPN rather, we recommend to always use paid VPN specifically ExpressVPN.
How do I change my IP address on Windows?
These steps should follow these steps:
- Browse Administrator Account.
- Go to Start.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Select Network Connections and Sharing Center.
- Select Local Area Connection.
- Click Properties.
- Click TCP/IP.
- Put in the IP address.
How can I change my PC IP address?
Steps are given to change IP address on PC:
- Navigate to Start >>>Settings >>> Control Panel.
- Double-click Network Connections in the control panel.
- Choose Local Area Connection from the context menu.
- Pick Properties.
- Hit Properties after choosing Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Click Use the corresponding Internet Address from the drop-down option.
- Fill in the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway fields
- In the Local Area Connection Properties panel, select Okay.
- Restart your system now to get changes updated.
What happens if I change my computer IP address?
Please remember that altering your Internet address will momentarily impair any internet-connected applications or programs on your system. There really is no apparent damage, and it has the same effect as if you had gradually lost your area network.
Does IP address change with Wi-Fi?
Whenever numerous devices are connected to a Wi-Fi connection, each one has its own local IP address that differentiates from of the public Ip. Wi-Fi does not significantly affect a network’s internet connection, but it can be used to join with a unique IP address.
Does changing IP address prevent hackers?
Changing IP addresses is conceivable, but does nothing to deter hackers. Stronger protections are needed to prevent hackers. Disable all connections that you aren’t utilizing, which implies “all of ports” unless you’re operating a website or service.
Its a complete guide on how to change IP address in UK with tools and without them. It’s our view that the user should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes after reading the entire manual:
- The user knows about the basic concepts related to IP Addresses.
- How to change IP address automatically and manually set it according to the need.
- You can perform IP changes in different Operating Systems as guided.
- You know completely how to handle IP address change in a range of gadgets.