In this guide, we’ll demonstrate how to get Australian IP address from outside Australia to access your favorite shows, content, and applications while traveling. Many individuals place a premium to acquire an Australian IP address. Australians or any other netizen residing overseas may require it to use online banking services.
Australian people traveling the world require a local IP address to access athletic events such as the Australian Open or local television programs supplied by Foxtel and 7plus.
In this post, we’ll cover many options for obtaining an Australian IP address. The simplest and quickest way to accomplish this is through the use of a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
A VPN encrypts all data sent and received by your device and routes it through an intermediate server. This creates the illusion that you’re accessing the web from a place other than your present one.
Numerous top-tier VPN providers operate servers in Australia, allowing you to be located anywhere in the world and yet get an Australian IP address.
How To Get An Australian IP Address
Even if you’ve never used a VPN before, it’s easy to get an Australian IP address and access all of the internet’s content.
1. Select a reliable virtual private network (VPN) service, provider. ExpressVPN is an excellent choice.
2 . After purchasing and installing the software, verify that it is compatible with your operating system.
3 . You can get an Australian IP address in less than a minute by subscribing to the “Recommended VPN ”
Best VPNs To Get An Australian IP Address
In today’s technologically advanced culture, cyber safety precautions are essential. You must employ a virtual private network (VPN) if you want to keep your online activities confidential (VPN).
When it comes to get an Australian IP address while on the road, we’ve whittled it down to the best five VPN providers after more than 300+ hours of research. Below, we’ve compiled a list of the finest virtual private networks (VPNs).
You may change your IP address from any region to Australia in a few seconds. Additionally, these recommended VPNs work effectively to obtain an IP address from countries such as Romania, Belgium, Ukranian, Estonia, or Luxembourg.
- ExpressVPN has more than 3,000 servers spread over 160 data centres in 94 countries. Specifically engineered with both efficiency and security in mind. You may better safeguard your personal information by using privacy features and apps that are easy to use.
- NordVPN is the world’s finest VPN service to get an Australian IP address since it has 5200 servers in 80 locations across 62+ countries. Every package comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and top-notch security measures as a standard.
- With 85 countries and 3200+ servers, SurfShark VPN goes above and beyond the call of duty. You have complete control over how many devices are connected to your network. De-blocking is really effective, and the security suite is rock-solid.
- As many as 1,800 servers are located in 80 different countries across the world with IPVanish. A virtual private network (VPN) isn’t just for streaming and privacy. With this functionality, many connections may be made.
- With 7700 servers in 89+ countries, CyberGhost provides users with a wide variety of security options and incredibly fast servers.
A Comprehensive Review of the Best Available
1 – ExpressVPN
- Suitable for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android operating systems.
- A global network of more than 3,000 workstations is in place.
- Servers are available in Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne & Sydney
- SLAs of 30 days, 60 days, and a year are all possible.
- Split-tunneling provides access.
- Online video streaming is possible thanks to a variety of providers.
- Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are accessible for streaming.
- This service allows for torrenting.
- IP addresses are limited to five simultaneous connections.
- Operating in 94 different countries.
Its the best choice to get an Australian IP address. ExpressVPN is a popular choice among users because to its dependability, quick connections, and minimalist design. ExpressVPN now has a global network of over 3,000 high-speed servers.
Australia has a large number of servers specifically in the cities of Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne & Sydney, futhermore in neighboring regions such as New Zealand, Peru, and Brazil also provide alternatives.
The distinguishing characteristic of ExpressVPN is its continued ability to safely access geo-restricted services such as Netflix, 9Now, Foxtel, and Stan.
The service employs encryption techniques of the highest level of military capability. This ensures the security of your connection at all times. ExpressVPN’s default encryption standard is 256-bit AES-CBC, which includes HMAC authentication and perfect forward secrecy.
A kill switch for the internet dubbed a ‘network lock,’ is supplied. The latter function ensures that your connection is encrypted even if your connection to a server is lost unexpectedly.
ExpressVPN supports the following platforms: Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, and iOS. Beside these OS , it is also competible with range of routers.
- 94 countries are served via servers.
- Streams at a high speed Unblocks 7plus, 9Now, and others
- Provides a private and secure service.
- Expensive in comparison to certain competitors
- For advanced users, it may not be sufficiently configurable.
2 – Nord VPN
- Compatibility on MAC, Linux, Android, Windows, and iOS systems.
- More than 190+ Australian servers are in use.
- There are more than 5200 servers spread over the globe.
- Online media platforms can be accessed.
- It is possible to get a SLA in Australia for a period of 30 days or 60 days or a year.
- The 55,00+ IP addresses that torrent sites may allow are easy to locate.
- The service has been active in more than sixty two countries.
Nord VPN get you Australian IP address in a blink of an eye. In Australia, NordVPN has 190+ servers on 05 different locations. These are only a few of the almost 5200+ locations in 62 countries that comprise the worldwide network.
The service is lightning fast, very configurable, and has all of the bells and whistles that a contemporary VPN should include.
This service provider has a track record of effortlessly unblocking geo-restricted content. It’s one of the few services that support both Netflix and other streaming services. As previously stated, NordVPN provides plenty of customizability.
These include choosing a server based on the form of internet connection, such as streaming Australian television, ultra-secure privacy, and anti-DDoS protection, among others.
Its encryption standards are sturdy and resistant to attack. NordVPN‘s default configuration utilises the 256-bit AES protocol and 2,048-bit SSL keys. Protection against IPV6 & DNS leaks is activated.
The service does not retain any user data or personally-identifying information. This ensures that you may remain anonymous online without fear of data theft. Android, Linux, iOS, Windows, and macOS mobile applications are available.
- Secures and encrypts the connection.
- One of the faster VPN with stable servers
- Does not maintain a database of personally identifiable information
- Concurrently utilise up to six devices
- The desktop application is quite clumsy
- Static IP addresses
3 – SurfShark
- Performs better with all the OS.
- Surfshark has a 85+ server locations.
- In the world stage , there are 3200 servers.
- 91 servers are available in the cities of Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane.
SLAs are available for 30 days, 6 months, or one year.
- Social media list includes Amazon Prime and Netflix.
- Torrenting enabled.
- There are more than 20,000 operational IP addresses.
Surfshark now operates over 3200 servers in 50 countries, including 91 in Australian cities namely Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane. This VPN works flawlessly with popular region-locked platforms such as 7plus, 9Now, and Netflix Australia, and its speeds are sufficient for lag-free video watching.
In comparison to the majority of other VPN providers, Surfshark allows for an unlimited number of concurrent connections.
One of the finest features of this business is its steadfast dedication to your privacy. It protects your traffic from prying eyes by encrypting it with 256-bit AES, providing an internet kill switch, and guarding against WebRTC, DNS, and IPv6 leaks.
Additionally, there is a function that prevents advertisements and does virus checks automatically. Surfshark does not save any personally identifying information about its users, but if you’re concerned about privacy, you may always pay in bitcoin. They offer live chat help 24 hours a day.
Surfshark software is available on Linux, macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS. Manual configuration is required to make it function with network routers.
- Allows foreign users to access a plethora of Australian services
- Generally, offers sufficient bandwidth for lag-free streaming.
- You may secure an unlimited number of devices.
- Security is a primary focus.
- Maintains no records of connection
- Server speeds are subject to small variations.
- Possesses a slender network
4 – IPVanish
- The best possible performance on all OS.
- Over 1800 Servers spread throughout the globe.
- There are 69 servers located solely in Australia
- Serving customers across Australia from Brisbane to Sydney to Perth.
- Streaming services like BBC iPlayer and HBO are readily available.
- Encryption with a key length of 256 bits.
- Servers are available in 75+ locations.
IPVanish operates 69 servers around Australia serving the countries like Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, and Adelaide . Its global network is comprised of over 1,800+ servers located in over 75 countries. The service is quick, secure, and requires very little downtime.
The company places a premium on speed, internet security, and privacy, and is compatible with a wide variety of streaming services. 9Now, 7plus, and Stan are some of these.
IPVanish is solidly in the top tier of VPNs due to its encryption standards. By default, it employs 256-bit encryption using the OpenVPN protocol, SHA512 authentication, and a 2,048-bit DHE-RSA key exchange with perfect forward secrecy. Due to its philosophy of storing no data, it is a perfect example of a logless service.
This service is popular with Kodi users since it enables them to instantly download the Android APK. Additionally, the interface is remote control compatible for Kodi devices without a keyboard or mouse.
Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS apps are all available.
- Maintains no records of connection
- Rapid accelerations
- Utilize as many devices as possible concurrently
- Is not a bitcoin supporter
- Consistently fails to operate with Netflix
5- CyberGhost VPN
- Windows and Linux are a fantastic fit in terms of functionality.
- There are a total of 7700 servers spread around the globe.
- Australia is home to 150 live servers.
- Netflix and Amazon Prime are both widely available options for streaming content.
- The use of cutting-edge encryption and security measures is a must.
- More than eighty-nine regions are represented.
CyberGhost was once a run-of-the-mill supplier with a restricted server selection and inadequate encryption. However, the service has much improved in the last year when it was acquired by Crossrider, an Israeli company based in the United Kingdom.
It just underwent a rebranding process, with a focus on streaming features, network optimization, and tightening encryption requirements. At present, it provides 150 servers in Australia, as part of a worldwide network that spans 89 countries and includes more than 7,700 servers.
CyberGhost is capable of securely connecting to a variety of streaming providers, including Netflix. Additionally, it has a slew of useful add-ons, such as an ad blocker, anti-malware protection, and anti-tracking.
By default, the OpenVPN protocol secures all traffic with 256-bit AES encryption. This is accompanied by impenetrable forward secrecy. A kill switch for the internet connection is supplied. The firm is headquartered and registered in Romania, where VPN service providers are not required to retain data.
Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and macOS applications are all available.
- Reasonable, consistent speeds
- Provides live chat help 24 hours a day.
- This product is backed by a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Not applicable in Turkey, China, Saudi Arabia, or the UAE
- Provides just a limited amount of control over more complex functions
What’s The Purpose Of Having an Australian IP Address ?
An Australian IP address may be assigned to you for the following reasons.
- When you log in to your bank’s website from a different country or area.
- Streaming services like Netflix and Hulu should be open to everyone.
- No outside access to any private or confidential information is possible in this location.
What Are The Most Critical Factors To Bear In Mind When Selecting A VPN?
It might be challenging to identify which VPN is best for you. After all, there are a plethora of different providers to choose from, and new ones are always being developed.
To get an Australian IP address, we screened providers against the following criteria:
- Keeps a number of servers in Australia.
- With easy, unblocks content that is geo-restricted
- Protects your data by utilising stringent encryption procedures
- Provides Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS applications.
- Maintains no record of user behaviour
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get an Australian IP address for free?
Yes once can easily get an Australian IP address in USA through the use of a free VPN but we do not recommend the use of a free VPN as they have limited options available, furthermore they keep your data on stack by providing it to third party.
How do I get an Australian IP address?
Follow these steps to get an Australian IP address
- Sign up for the VPN service and download the app that is appropriate for the gadget.
- Wipe all cache off your gadget and reboot it.
- Connect to the VPN app on your preferred gadget
- Pick Australian location and wait for a stable connection.
How can I access Australian websites from overseas?
One can access Australian websites from overseas following steps given.
- The simplest and also most efficient approach to bypass geolocation is to use a VPN.
- Use Proxy Servers to Unblock Websites.
- You can use Tor Browser to access the locked websites
How do I connect to Australian server?
- Enroll for Virtual private network and download an app appropriate to the gadget.
- Delete all cookies and reboot your computer.
- Login to the VPN phone app or laptop client.
- Choose an Australia server and check for strength connectivity.
Where can I watch The Australian Open?
ESPN has acquired an exclusive license to traditional male and women’s championships, so it’s the route to take. The games will be aired live on ESPN+ Subscription which is available on monthly charges. Sling TV is another fantastic choice for cable-cutters, as it includes online subscription to ESPN.
Can you watch Australian Netflix overseas?
All you need is a reliable internet connection on any supported device. While streaming beyond the region you subscribed for Netflix.
Can you watch Australian Netflix overseas?
Everything you want is a decent internet connectivity for any connected device. A good VPN that connects you to the regional VPN server and subscription of Netflix to enjoy the Australian media content abroad.
How can I watch Australian shows in America?
After obtaining the Australian IP address a user in USA can get access to the Australian shows by accessing Amazon Prime Australia, Ten Network, SBS On Demand, Australian Netflix, ABC iView, 9Now or Optus Sport.
This article discusses every legal method available to get an Australian IP address. We normally utilize a VPN (a premium or recommended service, not the free one) since it is the simplest technique and produces the best results in comparison to other methods.
Another option is to utilize a proxy server or TOR to access the internet; however, we urge that you only do so if you have the acceptable technical ability.