“A comprehensive guide for iPhone users on “How to change IP address on iPhone?”
The web is everybody’s go-to space for correspondence, internet business, diversion, and learning on account of convenient PCs and cell phones giving simple admittance to it. While there are numerous things you can do on the web, the virtual climate isn’t generally protected.
Cybercriminals may be prowling and prepared to take your accreditations or significant data. Robust technology has made snoopers so strong that they can steal credetials with in no time, cases of IP Theft are increasing with every passing moment for instance The WHOIS site may identify the owner of a site that is illegally posting your intellectual property. Anyways, on a positive note, there are numerous things you can do to safeguard yourself from cyber-attacks.
Like any PC or gadget associated with the web, your iPhone has an IP (Internet Protocol) address that advises different PCs and sites on how to discover your equipment.
As a rule, public IP addresses is assigned through DHCP and you shouldn’t have to transform it. Be that as it may, if you’re facing a genuine network issue or have a particular motivation to allocate a specific IP address to your iPhone, you can transform it by using certain legitimate ways.
This article will have a thorough discussion on ways and tools to “How To Change IP address on the iPhone” not only that but using the same steps you can also change IP Address on Android , Windows, MAC and Routers as well
How To Change IP Address on iPhone in Three Simple & Legitimate Steps
To change IP address on iPhone has become easy , just follow the steps.
Browse Settings, go to Wi Fi, and click on Wi Fi Network to configure settings.
Now go to “IPV4 Address” and tap Configure IP option.
Now there are two choices available, if you want to set up a static IP address then select “Manual” from the drop-down menu or otherwise select “Automatic” to make the system able to assign new ip address automatically.
How To Change IP address on iPhone Using Recommended VPN Services
We have tested a few VPN services which has produced extra ordinary results to change IP address on MAC, they are very reliable, efficient and most amazingly they are very low priced.
Change IP Address On iPhone Through Recommended VPN
VPN is the best way to change IP address on iPhone. VPN stands for “Virtual Private Network” and depicts the opportunity to establish a secured Internet connection by hiding you real IP address whenever you are on an unsafe internet network. VPNs encrypt your online traffic and mask your personal information from outsiders when browsing the web.
VPN lets you to operate on proxy which is nothing but a new IP address which is fake and disposed off as the session ends.
VPNs are specially made software which are used to change IP address to Australia, UK , NewZealand or any specified country that you want to connect to.
Please follow the given steps to change IP address on a Mac system.
Step 1 Get a paid version of VPN service , Mostly services are available with monthly, quarterly and yearly subscription.
Step 2 Once the app is downloaded you can connect to the VPN server by pressing the “Connect” button
Step 3 After connection, you will automatically be assigned with new IP address , now you can enjoy browsing cyberspace
A List of Top 10 Tested and Recommended VPNs
Following are few tested VPN services which we recommend . We have found ExpressVPN, NordVPN and SurfShark as the most reliable and credible services in the industry.
- ExpressVPN –3,000+ VPN servers in 160 VPN server locations in 94 countries
- NordVPN – 5200 Servers & 80 Server locations in 62 countries.
- SurfShark VPN – 3200+ Servers in multiple locations in 65 countries.
- IPVanish VPN – 1,600+ servers on 75+ locations operating in 50 + countries
- CyberGhost VPN – 7000 Servers with numerous locations in 91 countries across the world
- Tunnelbear – 3000+ servers in 41 different companies across the globe
- Hotspot Shield – 3200+ servers in 80 countries
- Norton Secure VPN – 500+ servers in numerous countries around the world.
- Encrypt me – 500+ servers in 48 countries
- FastestVPN– 500+ servers in 35+ countries.
An Overview Of The Most Effective & Efficient VPN Services of The Industry
ExpressVPN – Overall Best Service
- Max optimized performance on Windows platform
- It gives access to social media platforms
- Strict data logging policies.
- Great App with lots of good options
- Lacks quick speed on MAC OS
- No instant telephone complaint system
- Non supportive to Internet explorer
ExpressVPN is a super easy way to change IP address on Mac system. The company has been in business since 2009, and it currently operates 3000 servers on 160+ locations worldwide. They Operate in Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver. These cities offer excellent service to their users.
ExpressVPN is an all-inclusive VPN service that stores zero logs, and “secure its users by never storing user activities.” ExpressVPN’s contains both a setup guide as well as tutorials for fast resolving any issue.
ExpressVPN’s “Kill Switch” ensures that no system information leaks to the internet via VPN tunnels if VoIP goes down. Speed is optimum when it comes to ExpressVPN, and in comparison with other providers, their reliability has increased over time.
ExpressVPN is the first VPN provider to accept Bitcoin as a method of payment – providing their customers one more way to make their payments with ease. ExpressVPN is recommended for changing iPhone’s IP address and related gadgets as it is very compatible software.
- Good to work on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Has 160 server locations
- Owns 3000 Servers.
- Operates in Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver.
- Contract term 1 month, 6 months, 1 year
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- Dynamic IP address & Static IP address using IPV4 & IPV6
- 30,000 Private & Public IP address.
- 05 concurrent connections.
- Operates with in 94 countries
NordVPN – The Runner up
- Efficient App
- Access to Netflix
- Strick Zero lag policy
- Uses Static IP address
- Customer Support is not good
- Kill switch don’t work good with iOS
NordVPN is very reliable service to change IP address on Mac. NordVPN is a well-known brand in the VPN industry for its ability to provide fast and reliable internet connections with 06 concurrent connections.
NordVPN operates in 62countries with more than 5300 servers on more than 80 server locations. The service automatically links you to the fastest available server in your location.
NordVPN users can also contact them to discuss the Private IP addresses plan that runs the dedicated VPN. With Kill Switch, it becomes TOR in just one click.
NordVPN proved to be the quickest and most reliable VPN of all tested, despite reductions in speeds achieved by NordVPN. NordVPN also offers a 30-day. We suggest users to run this service as it is tested and provided best results in changing IP address on iPhone.
- Works well with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Operational on 80 server locations
- It owns 5300 Servers all around the globe
- 453 servers in Canada.
- Recommended server for streaming is “ca1396.nordvpn.com”
- Contract SLA term is available for 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- 5,000 Public and Private IP addresses
- Serves in 62 countries
SurfShark – A Decent & Affordable Service
- Location is in Virgin Island
- Unlimited connections
- Affordable monthly and yearly packages
- Service trial period for a month.
- Insufficient Customer Service
- Absence of automatic Kill Switch
- Static IP Address
- Slower speed
Surfshark is another way to change IP address on MAC. Surfshark, as a small company, is giving its struggling rival a tough time due to the features they have introduced in the industry. One such feature being unlimited device support through which you can support your entire office or home without any issues. They also provide ad-blocking, anti-tracker, and anti-malware tools among many other things.
Firefox and Chrome are among the browsers that SurfShark has ranked up with thanks to its extension, which is recommended by German Cyber Security Firm Cure 53.
Surfshark offers excellent apps for Windows, Android, Mac OSX, and other devices. Game consoles are supported by DNS as well. Its as great service to work with iPhones, as it changes IP address of iPhone with in no time and without any hustles. Any type of iOS device is also provided support.
Surfshark provides a number of enhanced security features. These include Camo Mode, Multihop Mode, and NoBorders Mobility.
- Perfect to work with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Operating on 80 server locations
- Serving with 3000 Servers all around.
- Operates within Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver.
- Contract Term 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- Numerous static & Dynamic IP Address
- Various activated Public IP address
How To Change IP address on iPhone Using Proxy Server
Proxy server is a bit technical in comparison to VPN to change IP address on MAC. An intermediary system gives an entryway among clients and the web. It is alluded as a “mediator” since it goes between end-clients and the pages they visit on the web.
At the point when a PC interfaces with the web, it’s anything but an IP address. This is like your home’s road address, advising approaching information where to go and stamping active information with a return address for different gadgets to validate.
A proxy server is basically a PC on the web that has its very own IP address. In comparison to VPN, Proxy server is difficult to configure usually it is a job of a network administrator. Proxy server can be attained by requesting to the internet service provider. It can be free or charged service as both versions are available online.
Steps to Configure Proxy On iPhone
Step 1 Go to Settings of mobile device and tap the connected Wi Fi network.
Step 2 As you enter Wi-Fi network settings, you can see the “HTTP Proxy” settings
Step 3 To empower an automatic proxy, Click “Auto“. Your iPhone will use the Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Protocol, if you want to see whether an intermediary is essential on the Wi-Fi to organize and automatically arrange your settings for proxy.
Step 4 To setup a manual proxy select “Manual” and input credentials like server name, port, username and password to run static IP address correctly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my IP address on my iPhone with cellular data?
This is how you can easily change IP address on iPhone using cellular data
- Browse through Navigate to Settings
- Click on Network & internet
- Tap and hold Mobile Data
- Now go to Data settings
- Choose Forget.
- Pick Advanced options.
- Use DHCP to connect if you want the next IP available.
- Static is the best option if you desire to insert IP manually.
- Go down to fill out all the fields as required.
How can I change my IP address on my phone without Wi-Fi?
You can do it by going to the network settings > search for the last connected network > find out the last IP inserted manually > tap it > remove IP and type in the new one as required.
How do I get a new IP address for my iPhone?
Follow the steps to get a new IP address for iPhone
- Click to the App settings on the iOS device.
- Choose Wi-Fi.
- Pick Network.
- Enter IPv4 Address.
- Hit the Configure IP tab.
- Fill in your Internet address manually
How can I change my IP address on my iPhone without VPN?
This is how you can change IP address iPhone without VPN
Going to Settings > Wi-Fi > Network. Select Configure IP underneath the IPv4 address column. Manually update the Internet address you’re intending to utilize.
Can you change IP address on iPhone?
Yes, it is quite possible to change IP address on iPhone it can be done by opting any of the following option
- Use a VPN
- Utilize Proxy Server
- Use Tor browser
- Manually insert IP address
- Switch some other network leaving the current connection
Where do I find my iPhone hotspot IP address?
Follow the steps to find iPhone hotspot IP address:
- Launch the Settings screen.
- Select “Wi-Fi.”
- Locate the Wi-Fi connection currently connected and hit the I at the top right of the page.
- Select “Configure IP.”
- Select “Manual” on the Setup IPv4 tab, then input the IP address information.
How can I change my IP address on my iPhone for free?
By using VPN, Proxy server or Tor you can easily change IP address on iPhone for free. Steps to change IP through VPN are already available in the article.
How do I hide my iPhone IP address?
Masking or hiding your IP address is not a big deal now a days, there are certain tools available in the market but we always suggest to use ExpressVPN which is the best tool to hide, change or alter your iPhone IP address.
This is how you can change your location to Germany.
That’s how you may alter your iPhone’s Internet address instead of using a VPN.
- Navigate to Wi-Fi
- Network in the Settings menu
- Underneath the IPv4 address section
- Click Configure IP.
- Manually adjust the Internet address.
Should I hide my IP address on my iPhone?
Specifically, yes, the reason is you information is always been checked by the intruders if it is not secure or your transactions can be captured for their own advantage, so while browsing you must secure iPhone by masking IP address through ExpressVPN
The articles discloses all the practical methods available on how to change IP address on iPhone. Among all the ways discussed, we recommend our followers to always use paid VPN services (as recommended above) as its is the best way to change IP address on iPhone or other gadgets as well.