“To Change IP Address on Roku is as easy as changing the IP address on Computer or Laptop”
Well, things are advancing at the max and technologies are getting hold of humans so ruthlessly that a soul cannot even suppose live without them. Indeed the world we are living in is entirely controlled by “Technologies“.
Every field these days is led by the latest technologies, so is entertainment. We have been introduced to numerous platforms where we can find content and satisfy our thirst to see movies, dramas, and hot tv shows. One among these platforms is “Roku” is a world-renowned service, disposing of viewers’ negativity by entering them in the world of entertainment.
Roku is a subscriptions based platform where a user buys plan and connect to them to enjoy. They provide you a combo of hardware and software that configures the technical part and there you go.
Sometimes users find it difficult to access the content due to geo-blocking or censorship being imposed by the service provider based on IP checks.
In this article, we will tell you how to change the IP address on Roku to access the blocked content and bypass the censorship, to enhance your accessibility we suggest you read this article completely till the end.
How to Change IP on Roku Using VPN
Roku system assigns IPs automatically to the user that connects to their service, which means the system of Roku allocates the IP address through DHCP which ultimately gives you the next available IP address in the slot.
The best way to change the IP address on a Roku device is to use a paid VPN service in between which is as easy as a plug and play device, needs less configuration, and is easy to handle.
Following are the steps by implementing which you can change IP address on Roku.
- Go to the Roku’s menu and click on settings panel on the left and access Settings.
- Now go to “Network“, now go to “Wireless“, go to the option “Choose Network” and activate VPN – Enabled Router option from there.
- Now click “Connect“, save setting and enjoy
How To Enter IP Address Manually On Roku
- Browse official website of Roku , download and then install their “App”.
- Open app and go to the option “Connect Manually“
- Once you enter the “Manual IP Address” the system will verify if that is correct and let you in. Now you can enjoy browsing the system with a static IP. Isn’t it easy ??
A Trick to Enter IP Manually
This trick is a very easy to impliment. It needs a Router that accepts the “Range of pre-defined IP addresses” and provides a “Reverse IP” function. Remaining Steps are as follows :
- Take a set of predefined IP numbers and put them into your router.
- now unplug your Roku device from power switch.
- Wait a while, plug in the Roku device again and switch power on.
- Now the rest will be done by your router, as it finds a new device connected, it will assign the next available IP address from the set of predertermined IP addresses.
- Now enjoy browsing your Roku with a static IP address.
Recommended VPN Services To Change IP On Roku
- Works good on Windows platform
- Accessibility to Roku other social media
- Firm data logging policy
- Excellent App with good options
- Very slow on MAC OS
- No phone complain system
- Non supportive to Internet Explorer
- 05 concurrent connections
The company has been in business for 9 years and has grown steadily since then. They currently have a network of VPN servers that covers 94 countries worldwide with over 3000 servers located on 160+ server locations. Service is available in 13 US cities, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, and New Jersey. You get free access
Use ExpressVPN to protect your online privacy and access geo-blocked content. They’ve never stored a log of user activities or shared any data with anyone. While using, you can benefit from their zero-log strategy for the ultimate in security. Not only has ExpressVPN invested in more robust guides.
ExpressVPN has improved its reliability and performance with a “kill switch” that prevents your IP address from being exposed should the VPN connection fail.
By accepting Bitcoin as a payment option, ExpressVPN ensures your privacy remains intact when purchasing goods and prevents possible data theft.
- works across platforms like Windows, MAC, iOS, Android, Linux
- Company has160+ server locations
- Owns 3000+ Servers all over the globe.
- Business presence in 13 US Cities.
- SLA for 1 month, 6 months, 1 year
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses Dynamic & Static IP (IPV4)
- More than 30,000 IP addresses:
- 05 Parallel Connections
- Operates in 94+ Countries
- Exceptional app
- Access to social media
- Strict policy on data logging
- Use Static IP
- Unprofessional Customer Support
- Kill switch doesnt work with iOS.
NordVPN offers six connections per server and five parallel connections. It operates in 62 countries and has more than 5300 servers spread across 80 server locations. The company provides its services in Atlanta, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Manassas (VA), Miami (FL), New York City (NYC), Phoenix *Salt Lake City*, San Francisco (*Seattle*), and St. Louis. Their service connects automatically to the fastest server available amongst these locations.
Users can also turn to NordVPN for their Private IP option. Their Kill Switch feature turns one click into TOR browsing.
Compared to a previous test, with new speed consists a drop of 53% didn’t affect the reliability or performance during tests. VPN was still up to standard even with the slower speed.
Nord VPN offers two options for its yearly plan: the $3.75 option is a discounted rate of $11.99 that totals to $59 when paid in monthly increments, and the full-price option costs $4.92 per month (equivalent to paying the total price of $59 within one year).
- Flawless performance on Windows, MAC, iOS, Android, Linux
- Owns 80 server locations
- Works with 5300 Servers internationally
- Operates in 15 US Cities.
- Customer contract for 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Available
- Netflix Included
- Torrenting Yes
- More than 5000 IPs
- Operates in 62+ countries
- Out of bound for surveillance
- unlimited connected gadgets
- Affordable packages with quality
- A months money back guarantee
- Incapable Customer Services
- System operates kill swtich manually
- Static IP addresses
- Lack of speed in comparison with competitors
Unlimited device support is one of Surfshark’s greatest benefits, and they also provide ad-blocking, anti-tracker, and anti-malware tools.
The company operates on 65 locations with more than 3200 servers spread across 17 major cities in the United States. The average time it takes to find a server is 17% less compared to other companies, which suggests consistent performance in all US locations.
Surfshark Web Extension Compatible with Chrome and Firefox over Alternative VPN Extensions, According to Cure53 Cyber Security Firm.
They’ve developed an app that works with Windows, iOS, Mac OS, and Fire TV. Routers & Game console configuration also uses DNS.
Surfshark VPN features 3 main modes that you can use while still protecting your data. NoBorders Mode enables Surfshark VPN access in restricted areas, Multihop Mode allows you to leap through multiple countries, and Camouflage Mode hides your data from onlookers.
- Optimum working with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- They have 80+ server locations
- Owns 3000 Servers
- Presence within 23 US Cities.
- Contract for 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses Dynamic or static(IPV4)2
How To Find IP Address On Roku
There are several ways to find out IP address on Roku device, we will discuss two legitimate ways here :
Find IP Address With Remote
To find your Roku’s IP address from the device menu, you need to know where to find it.
- Scroll down to “Settings” in the Roku main menu.
- Find the “Network Connections” option.
- You can find your Roku’s IP address under the submenu “About.”
Find IP Address Without Remote
You might not always have direct access to your Roku’s menus. Even if you can’t access it from the menu, you can find out its IP address over a network. There are two ways that we will discuss under this topic
Using Remoku Chrome Extension
Google Chrome provides free extensions. To find and connect to your Roku device, you need the Remoku web app. This app can communicate over your network, which is exactly what you’re going to use it for here.
- Run Chrome browser and search for “Extensions”
- Now search “Remoku.” Extension.
- Press Add to Chrometo install the extension.
- After installation it will be shown on the upper right corner of browser. Just press the icon and it will show you the menu likewise your remote has.
- Go to Setting, now check the first line it shows your IP address.
Using Your Router To Find IP Address On Roku
These are the steps to find IP address by using your router:
- Go to admin’s interface by putting in the credentials.
- Browse all the connected devices, you can easily pick up Roku devices by analyzing the Roku’s host name
- If you can find the devices listed with Roku’s hostname, you can browse the MAC address column to identify the device.
- Click the MAC address of any device, and the related information will be popped for your reference.
What is Roku?
Roku allows you to watch free and paid video content on your TV via the Internet. For even more variety, apps like Netflix can download onto Roku devices as well; allowing users to view recently aired shows one day after airing on TV or traditional cable channels. Sometimes content is recorded live for viewing, however, streaming services have a lot of that too with services.
A Roku box is a small square device for your television that allows you to watch movies and TV shows through channels. Watching everything from Netflix to the news, there are many different ways to buy an appropriate set-top box for your lifestyle. A Roku TV has both these functionalities included in the quality TV.
Nowadays, with the large amount of content available on streaming services such as Roku, cable TV no longer serves a viable purpose.
How does it work?
Regardless of whether you buy a Roku player, TV, or soundbar, the setup process is very similar. All devices need to be connected to a network for them to work. Some may support a hard-wired connection using an Ethernet cable; however, when it comes to Wi-Fi connections all three devices should support that as well.
After connecting Roku to your TV, you will see the home screen. The main menu on the left and a large graphic grid containing various channels including Netflix, YouTube, and others are visible. These grids are also called “channels”.
To watch a channel, simply use your cable remote and navigate to the one you want, then press “OK.” The channel will launch. If it is a subscription service, you’ll be asked to sign in with your credentials. This process usually requires another device like a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a browser.
Accessing other channels, returning to the home screen, and launching specific channels is fairly straightforward with Roku. But there’s a lot of functionality that most people aren’t aware of.
Types Of Roku Devices
Instead of a quick list, the Roku devices are listed with their details in our Roku buying guide which is available on their website.
- Roku Ultra LT: All models come with an HDMI cable, but the extended wireless port, expandable channel storage, and Enhanced Voice remote are all available in this model.
- Roku Express: The Amazon Fire TV streaming media player is the cheapest option available, able to stream in HD 1080p (competing models can only stream up to 4K & HDR).
- Roku Smart Soundbar: Dolby Audio will improve sound quality, Bluetooth enables streaming device compatibility.
- Roku Streambar: Soundbar with the same great features as a larger version, but it’s smaller. How to Change IP address on Roku
- Roku Premiere: complete with the same features as Roku Express, but also allows you to stream in 4K and HDR.
- Roku TV: This television set has a Roku player and includes a simple remote.
- Roku Ultra: This product has the best performance and is compatible with Dolby Vision, Bluetooth, and USB local playback.
- Roku Streaming Stick+: Roku Express is smaller, portable, and plugs into an HDMI port with long-range wireless capabilities. It includes the Enhanced Voice remote features as well.
For the latest update about the cost and pricing you can browse Roku Office Website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can We connect Roku manually?
If you’ve previously used the Roku app and want to connect to your Roku device manually, Click Settings, go to Switch Roku Device. Select manually in the settings area.
How To Reset Roku Without A Remote?
- Hold the reset button for a while
- Do not switch off your streaming service.
- A factory reset will be made by the device which will be shown through a blink of a light.
- When you see all the lights are off now, your device is now factory reset.