Do you want to use a VPN to get a Vietnam IP address and access Vietnamese media and services while traveling? It’s not difficult. We’ll show you how to acquire a Vietnam IP address using a VPN so that you can watch your favorite shows while maintaining your privacy.
If you’re in another region and want a get a Vietnam IP address, the quickest and most convenient method is to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A VPN encrypts the data traveling to and from your surfing device before routing it through a VPN server.
Hiding your real IP address and location while still allowing you to see where you’re from, makes it appear like you’re browsing from Vietnam if you connect to a Vietnam server.
How To Get A Vietnam IP Address
Enlisted are a few steps by following which a user can easily get a Vietnam IP address.
1. Choose a trustworthy VPN provider. We strongly advise you to sign up for ExpressVPN.
2. Look for the most recent version of Windows on the manufacturer’s information page to learn what version of Windows your computer employs.
3. To utilize the service in Vietnam, you must first establish a connection to a domain server there. Is it possible to visit an internet site that is geo-blocked in Vietnam? If you still can’t get through after clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, clear them again before refreshing the page.
What Are The Best VPNs To Get A Vietnam IP Address
A Look at the Most Popular VPN Services in Depth
1 – ExpressVPN
- It can run on Microsoft, iOS, Android, MAC, and Linux, as well.
- An infrastructure of more than 3000 servers spread across the world.
- SLAs that last 30 days, 60 days, and a year.
- Access to split-tunneling is available.
- There are solutions that let you watch videos online.
- Streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are easy to get to.
- You can use Torrents.
- There are 30,000 IP addresses to choose
- Only five simultaneous connections are allowed at a time.
- In 94 countries, we work.
ExpressVPN is a great tool to get a Vietnam IP address. ExpressVPN has over 3,500 servers in 90 countries and can swiftly unblock problematic content such as BBC iPlayer. We’ve tested numerous ExpressVPN servers on popular streaming services like ESPN, Sky Go, and Netflix, and we’ve found them to be quite quick and consistent.
String security measures are included in the VPN service from ExpressVPN. 256-bit AES encryption, as well as DNS and IPv6 leak protection, are available. There’s also a kill switch that cuts your device’s traffic and prevents it from being sent to your ISP should your VPN connection go down.
Finally, ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, where there are no data retention rules. The following platforms are supported by ExpressVPN: Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Windows, and a range of routers. MediaStreamer can be used with game consoles and smart TVs using ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer software.
- Several servers located all around the world.
- Extreme unblocking
- Easy to use
- Strong encryption
- Option of the kill switch
- It is not the cheapest VPN on the market.
- For advanced users, it provides enough control.
2 – NordVPN
- It is functional with MAC, Linux, Android, Windows, and iOS.
- In Vietnam, about 10+ servers are in service.
- NordVPN recommended streaming server “vn18.nordvpn.com”.
- There are almost 5200 servers worldwide.
- All streaming services are available.
- There are three types of SLAs: 30-day, 60-day, and year-long.
- There are about 55,000 IP addresses accessible for torrent sites.
- This service connects you to over sixty-four countries.
One of the best VPN to get a Vietnam IP ddress & for watching geo-blocked content in Vietnam is NordVPN. It has 15 servers in Vietnam and over 5,000+ servers across 60+ countries, allowing you to watch geo-blocked content from all around the world. Unrestrict access to geo-restricted content across regions such as the United States, United Kingdom, Japan, and Vietnam.
NordVPN has excellent performance and stability, and the apps are simple to use. What sets NordVPN apart from the competition is that you can use it on up to six devices at once. If you want even more security, NordVPN offers specialty servers.
These features are just the icing on the cake. NordVPN provides excellent security even without them, with a kill switch, IPv6, and DNS leak protection, as well as 256-bit AES encryption. All of these amenities combined with a zero-logs policy guarantee your anonymity in Vietnam or anywhere else you go.
NordVPN offers two separate applications: Windows software and an Android program. There’s also a Safari plugin for iOS, as well as browser plugins for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It supports a large number of streaming services, including Hulu, HBO Go, and Netflix.
- Strong server network all over the world
- Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix all work with it.
- Fast, dependable connections
- It’s great for use on up to six devices.
- Your privacy is protected by a solid no-logs policy.
- It might take some time to connect to certain servers.
- Static IP addresses.
3 – SurfShark
- It’s possible for all operating systems to work around each other.
- Surfshark has servers in 85 different server locations.
- The company has 3200 servers in different parts of the world.
- SLAs are there for 30, 60 and 365 days.
- Streaming platforms are accessible.
- Torrenting has been turned on.
- There are more than 20,000 IP Addresses in this range, so there are a lot.
Surfshark is a popular low-cost VPN that provides servers in 63 countries which makes it prominent sevice to get a vietname IP address. Because it enables an infinite number of simultaneous connections, you’ll have no trouble securing all of your devices with it. Netflix and BBC iPlayer are two prominent streaming services that work well with this VPN.
While Surfshark is simple to utilize and highly accessible, it also provides live chat assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition to a decent number of applications and browser add-ons, it includes several unique features including an ad blocker.
With 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak prevention, and a kill switch, your data is safe. Furthermore, this is a no-logs VPN that is run from the British Virgin Islands.
The Surfshark browser add-ons may be downloaded for iOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, Amazon Fire TV, and Android. Browser extensions are available in Chrome and Firefox. This software must be manually installed on routers with this program installed.
- With servers in 50+ countries, including Vietnam
- Simultaneously connect an infinite number of devices.
- Customer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Encryption and a no-logs policy keep you anonymous.
- Slower speeds
4- CyberGhost VPN
- It’s a good idea to use Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS.
- 7700 servers located across the globe.
- 12 servers are operational in Vietnam
- Access to streaming providers such as Amazon and Netflix is simple.
- Encryption with a high level of strength and security.
- 89+ regions that provide services
CyberGhost has 12 servers in Vietnam which makes it easy for users to get a Vietnam IP address . Overall, this Romania-based VPN operates hundreds of servers in 62+ countries. As a result, CyberGhost may be used to access geo-blocked content from any region because it has so many servers throughout the world.
CyberGhost offers a high-quality service at an excellent price. With unrestricted bandwidth and traffic, the service is quick and dependable. We found that this VPN to be simple to use because the apps are easy to understand and well designed.
CyberGhost provides 24/7 customer service, including live chat, should you run into any difficulties. CyberGhost allows you to connect to multiple devices at the same time, making it a fantastic VPN for families. CyberGhost is based in Romania and isn’t subject to any data retention laws.
Whatever the case, this VPN doesn’t keep any identifying information, ensuring your privacy is kept. There’s also a kill switch, protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks, and 256-bit AES encryption.
CyberGhost has apps for Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Windows, and Mac. For Linux or your router, however, manual configuration is required.
- For streaming, it’s fast and dependable.
- Customer service is available round the clock.
- Connect it up to 7 devices at the same time.
- Its strict no-logs policy protects your privacy.
- Some streaming sites aren’t unblocked.
- Performance optimised for Windows, Android, Mac OS X, and Linux
- They have 200+ servers located across the globe.
- 60+ server locations
- Recommended server is placed in Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam which is “vn-hoc.pvdata.host”.
- Sophisticated encryption
- Secure internet transactions using cutting-edge technology.
- Streaming is a viable option.
- No lag in connection.
- Transmission that is dependable
- Packages at a discount.
PrivateVPN is a VPN service that provides quality to get a Vietname IP address. While it has just over 200 servers, they are located in 60 countries across the world, including Vietnam. PrivateVPN’s standout feature is its amazingly quick speeds.
We discover that this VPN is great for accessing geo-blocked content like the BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix. We were able to watch movies and TV programs in 1080p with no lag or buffering.
PrivateVPN has a total of 12 connections, which is more than enough for most users. This VPN offers simple applications that can be used on up to six devices at the same time and use a built-in kill switch. DNS and IPv6 leak protection, as well as 256-bit AES encryption, are all included in this package. PrivateVPN claims to have a zero-log data policy, ensuring your online anonymity.
PrivateVPN has a number of distinct platforms. There is no requirement for third-party applications on Android and iOS devices since these sorts of VPNs are banned in China. You may use the official NordVPN software on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows systems. Manual configuration is required for Linux and routers.
- The server speeds are extremely quick.
- Desktop and mobile versions of the same software are available.
- It may be used on up to six gadgets at once.
- It’s secure and doesn’t capture any data about users.
- Fewer servers than other VPNs
- You won’t find support by text or chat at all hours.
Why Is It Criticle To Get a Vietnam IP Address?
You may get a Vietnam IP address to perform the following :
- Using a separate computer to access your bank’s website.
- Access to geo-restricted services such as Netflix and Hulu should not be prohibited.
- Someone in the area must have access to any private or secret information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to get a Vietnam IP address using a free VPN?
There are several free VPNs that have servers in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan. There isn’t much alternative when it comes to free VPNs in Vietnam, however. Furthermore, there are a number of reasons why we don’t recommend free VPNs regardless of the country.
Free VPNs, on the other hand, seldom have servers in Vietnam. Free VPNs generally have fewer servers than other alternatives. When you add to this a large number of subscribers on these providers, poor performance is inevitable.
On the other side, premium VPNs that are not free generally have data usage and bandwidth restrictions. If you want to watch TV shows and movies online, a free VPN is likely to cause significant lag, buffering, and frustration!
While free VPNs offer some level of online privacy protection, they do not provide the same degree of online anonymity as paid VPNs. This is due to their lack of important security features such as a kill switch, DNS leak prevention, and 256-bit AES encryption, which are present in premium VPNs.
However, some free VPNs include a malware on purpose, putting your online privacy at risk. In certain circumstances, free VPNs maintain logs of your online activity. They may use your information to spam you with advertisements or even sell it to third parties.
Why should I use a VPN in Vietnam?
Vietnam has a long history of internet censorship. Freedom House has given Vietnam’s Internet freedom status “Not Free” for years. Furthermore, Reporters Without Borders have branded Vietnam as an enemy of the internet.
For these reasons, it’s critical to use a VPN when you’re in Vietnam, whether you’re living there permanently or for a short time.
A quality VPN may unblock geo-restricted content from all over the world, and the finest VPNs can even enable you to access Vietnamese websites and services from abroad.
Finally, some of the best VPNs offer robust security measures that allow you to surf safely on free public Wi-Fi in Vietnam without having to worry about being hacked.
What is the best way to access Vietnamese TV online from abroad?
You must use a VPN to access Vietnamese TV from other countries since it is geo-blocked. After connecting, you’ll be able to watch geo-restricted content like Vietnamese television and streaming services.
Before you go, make sure your browser’s cookies are cleared so that the website or service you’re looking for doesn’t retain your real IP address.
You may view VTV, Vietnam’s national television network, live online with an IP address for Vietnam. Channels such as VTV7, V2V24, and Kids are accessible through this service.
Furthermore, you’ll be able to access Vietnamese streaming services like Zing and Phimmoi TV. You can now watch BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix content thanks to a VPN with servers in other countries, such as the United Kingdom and the United States.
Is it legal to use a VPN in Vietnam?
In Vietnam, VPNs are permitted. In fact, it’s strongly advised! The Vietnamese government claims that restrictions are in place to safeguard the general public from indecent content, although evidence suggests that it is extremely easy to crack down on anything it considers anti-government.
Websites that criticize the government or discuss sensitive issues are frequently among the targets of Vietnamese internet censorship. Authorities in Vietnam have also targeted websites covering politics and other delicate subjects. From April to June 2018, independent news outlets in Vietnam experienced DDoS assaults.
Amnesty International has tracked the imprisonment of internet activists for their online activities. Hoang Duc Binh, a blogger from Vietnam, was sentenced to fourteen years in jail for reporting on the Formosa environmental catastrophe, which is considered one of the most renowned.
The Communist Party of Vietnam established Force 47, a 10,000-person military unit intended to shape online information, in December 2018. According to opponents, the plan is to use it for political purposes.