In this guide we will explain you how to get around internet restrictions in Russia. We’ll show you which VPNs obtain a Russian IP address so that you can enjoy popular streaming services from outside the country.
VPN encrypts and transmits your device’s incoming and outgoing traffic through one of the VPN servers, which are commonly known as “Virtual Private Networks.”
To get a Russian IP address using a Virtual Private Network, you must first sign up for an account with the provided website. The proxy hides your real IP address and country of origin while you browse other sites. This allows you to view content that isn’t available in your region, making it appear as if you’re browsing from Russia.
How To Get A Russian IP Address
The method to get a Russian IP address is as same as it is anywhere else. Here’s how one can easily obtain a Russian IP address:
- Choose a VPN service. Some VPNs don’t have servers in Russia. Surfshark is particularly recommended. On your device, download and install the VPN software. Ensure you’re downloading the correct version for your operating system.
2. Open the VPN application. Connect to a Russian server. Use the unblocked geo-restricted Russian website or service to your advantage.
3. With access to geo-restricted content, you won’t have to worry about missing your favorite shows or movies. If you’re having trouble with Netflix, try using a different server. You can also clear you browser’s cookies or contact customer support for your VPN.
Best VPNs to Get a Russian IP Address
- Surfshark: For unblocking geo-restricted material, we recommend Surfshark because it has high-speed servers in Russia that are perfect for streaming. Its user-friendly software, as well as its commitment to protecting your privacy, make it a great pick.
- PrivateVPN: This is a fantastic solution for streaming since it has such a high frequency of connectivity. Apps with excellent security and protection are available.
- VyprVPN: The ability to stream content from Netflix and other rival sources is now available. A secure, zero-logs VPN that meets or exceeds all security requirements.
- SaferVPN: Servers in Russia that unblock restricted material. It can connect up to five gadgets. Unlocks Netflix content.
- ZenMate: There are about 2000 servers in 30 countries, including Russia. Simple browser add-ons that are easy to use and provide a free seven-day trial.
Overview of the Best VPN Services To Get A Russian IP Address
Surfshark is a unique VPN that meets a wide range of criteria. There are over 800 servers in nearly 50 countries, including Russia, and it has over 800 servers. This VPN gave us quick speeds so we could access popular platforms, which is why we tested it.
We didn’t detect any buffering or latency problems during our evaluation of Surfshark servers. One of the best things about Surfshark is that it allows for an unlimited number of connected users, which is ideal for families.
We adore Surfshark’s applications since they are simple to use. This is an excellent option for both newcomers and veterans. You may contact the 24/7 live chat staff at any time, even if you have a problem, as long as it isn’t after business hours.
One of the most compelling reasons to utilize Surfshark to get a Russian IP address is that it is extremely secure. This VPN isn’t governed by data retention rules and is regulated in the British Virgin Islands, with a no-logs policy. In addition to a kill switch, Surfshark employs 256-bit AES encryption, as well as DNS
- Quick and Dependable server network.
- Extreme unblocking options
- You may have as many connections as you want.
- Immediate customer support
- Customer-friendly apps
- Firm no-logging policy
- Smaller than top networks still has approximately 800 servers giving tough time to competitors
A fast virtual private network (VPN) is one of our top favorites. PrivateVPN is one of the quickest VPNs we’ve ever tested. PrivateVPN, a Swedish-based VPN with a network of about 100 servers in 60 countries, has one server in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
It’s also worth noting that PureVPN has a seven-day money-back guarantee, so you won’t be stuck paying for your VPN if something goes wrong. The provider can be trusted to keep your data private; it has DNS leak protection and other security features.
With PrivateVPN, you may connect up to six of your devices to the VPN at once, each with its own unique IP address. The live chat option isn’t available 24 hours a day, but responses are generally fast and very helpful.
Regardless of where you are in the world, PrivateVPN is a secure VPN to use. That’s because it has a no-logs policy and uses 256-bit AES encryption to encrypt your data. It also included DNS leak protection and a built-in kill switch, as well as anti-DDoS protection.
Free, unlimited VPN services may be downloaded from the Opera browser. You can also use their VPN software on a variety of platforms, including Windows, mac, Android, and iOS. Linux and router settings must be manually configured.
- Servers are currently available in 60 countries, including Russia.
- 1080p streaming is now possible thanks to high-speed VPNs.
- Most streaming services, such as Netflix, are unblocked.
- Up to six devices can be used simultaneously with this software.
- Beginners will find it simple to use applications.
- Your data is being kept private thanks to the Zero logs policy.
- Only a tiny number of servers, around 100 in all, make up the network.
VyprVPN aims to provide its users with a wide range of choices. VyprVPN also offers over 200,000 IP addresses and over 700 servers in more than 70 locations across the world, as well as unrestricted server switching.
We’ve put VyprVPN to the test, and discovered that they have lightening fast servers. Resctrictions are circumevented to the minimum level, therefore, able to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime Video without a problem. In general, the performance was good; there were no problems with unblocking Netflix or Amazon
VyprVPN is a Swiss-based VPN that owns and manages its servers rather than renting them from third parties, as other VPNs do. VyprVPN was created in Switzerland and has been thoroughly investigated to ensure there are no logs kept.
VyprVPN is one of the most popular VPNs for streaming in Russia. This service employs 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch, making it one of the most secure VPNs available.
There are no restrictions to the amount of data or bandwidth you use; however, in some circumstances, it might take up to 15 seconds to connect. Windows 7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X 10.6+ are supported. No limits exist on the quantity of data or bandwidth that may be used.
The OpenVPN Server software for Fire TV and Android users may be utilized to connect to the VPN through a manual proxy setup on their devices. For Linux and routers, a manual setup is required.
- No bandwidth limits and lightning-fast servers
- It unblocks popular platforms.
- Strong policy on data logging
- 200,000+ functional IPs Static and Dynamic both
- There may be times when live chat assistance is not accessible.
- There’s nothing exciting about applications.
SaferVPN has a network of around 700 servers in 34 countries, with two located in Russia. With SaferVPN’s fast servers, browsing, streaming, and torrenting are all smooth.
SaferVPN is a versatile VPN that can unblock a variety of streaming services. This includes Netflix and BBC iPlayer. SaferVPN allows you to use five different devices at the same time, allowing you to secure all of your devices using it.
This is a very simple service that allows to get a Russian IP address to access data of your choice in Russia. The apps are straightforward to use, browser extensions are useful as well.
If you want assistance at any time of day or night, live chat and email support are available 24 hours a week, seven days a week. 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak prevention, and a kill switch ensure the security of your data. Furthermore, SaferVPN is committed to preserving privacy.
When it comes to pricing, SaferVPN provides a three-day free trial for all of its plans. The company accepts PayPal and credit card payments. Additionally, you can pay with Bitcoin or gift cards on some devices.
- Unblock Websites and Services in Russia.
- Provides access to streaming services.
- Connect up to five devices at the same time.
- Security features include 256-bit AES encryption
- No-logs policy
- It doesn’t have an additional set of servers to access.
- Other VPNs provide a wider range of titles.
ZenMate allows you to access servers in Russia and other countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia. Overall, it has over 1,000 servers positioned in 30 different nations.
It’s possible to connect up to five devices at once with this VPN, which connects in a matter of seconds. This VPN allows you to access popular streaming services such as Netflix US.
ZenMate has a number of advantages. ZenMate is one of the few VPNs to work on a wide range of platforms. It’s one of the few VPNs to provide browser add-ons for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, among other things. Aside from the 30-day refund window.
There is no need to create an account, and ZenMate provides a free seven-day trial. ZenMate’s 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and kill switch are just a few of the security measures it employs. It also claims that it operates with a zero-logs policy, ensuring your online anonymity.
ZenMate is available for download on Android and iOS. Chrome, Firefox, and Opera browser extensions are also available. Manual configuration is required for Linux and routers.
- You can access servers in Russia, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
- Up to five connections can be made at the same time via this account.
- Beginner-friendly browser extensions are available.
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days.
- Weak Server Network only covers 30 countries
- Slow servers exist.
What Are The Essential Features Of A Good VPN
- Robust Russian Severs Network
- Quick and Reliable connectivity
- Unblocking capability.
- Firm logging policy.
- Live chat support for customer service
- All of the most popular operating systems are covered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it legal to use a virtual private network in Russia?
Unfortunately, the Russian government announced a VPN ban in 2017. Vladimir Putin signed a bill prohibiting VPNs in the country as part of an effort to prevent Russians from seeing restricted material. As a consequence, VPNs are banned in Russia.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article should be taken as legal advice. Our goal is to provide you with the most up-to-date information and options possible.
Why should I use a VPN in Russia?
In 2014, Reporters Without Borders named Russia one of the “Internet Enemies.” Furthermore, Freedom House rated Russia’s internet as “Not Free” in 2018, giving it a 67 out of 100 score.
The Russian government has imposed numerous restrictions on online content. After Telegram refused to hand over encryption keys to the Federal Security Service, Russia’s main security agency, it was shut down in April 2018 by authorities. In 2016, after a Russian court ruled that LinkedIn was in violation of data protection regulations, it was prohibited throughout the country.
With authorities in Russia continuing to block websites and even enacting legislation that prohibits VPNs, it’s clear that internet freedom is being restricted.
You may unblock government-censored material by getting a VPN for Russia, as well as access geo-restricted websites. The finest VPNs for Russia safeguard your privacy by hiding your IP address and activity from your internet service provider (ISP) as well as snoopers.
Is it possible for me to watch Russian television abroad using a VPN?
You may watch Russian television in any country as long as you have an internet connection and use a VPN to connect to a Russian server. Even if the content is restricted and only available in Russia.
A Russian IP address allows you to watch any sort of state-owned Russian television station, such as Russia 1, NTV, and Match TV. Other popular Russian streaming services accessible include ivi and Okko.
Is it possible to get a Russian IP address using a free VPN?
A free VPN can provide you with a Russian IP address, but it may be tough to acquire one. Because free VPNs are frequently of low quality, this is the case. They’re frequently restricted by limitations like as few servers and too many users because they have insufficient servers and clients.
Some of the most popular VPN services, such as Tunnelbear and VPN Unlimited, might be extremely sluggish. This makes streaming movies and TV shows unpleasant since there is a lot of buffering and latency.
However, privacy is also important. Internet censorship and mass monitoring are widespread in Russia, thus a VPN is required to maintain your privacy and anonymity.
Some free VPNs, unfortunately, are not particularly safe. Some free VPNs are contaminated with malware, while others trade your information to third parties. As a result, it’s critical that you get a Russia VPN with a solid no-logs policy.