Escalating security complications in the cyber-world has raised safety concerns for netizens due to which users are more concerned searching ways to “change the IP address on PC” or on the gadgets they use.
Every single piece of equipment has its own unique IP address through which they communicate while browsing the internet, this unique string is randomly assigned by the system which can be changed anytime as and when the user wants.
In this article, we will try to reveal the best ways and tools available to change the IP address on a PC. The concern is no more a difficult task in presence of advanced level technology and software specifically VPNs, it is more alike change IP address on Android or other platforms.
How to Change IP Address on a Windows PC
Its is very easy to change IP address on Windows PC just by implementing the following steps.
Changing IP Address Manually on Windows PC
Changing IP Address Automatically on Windows PC
- Go to Start.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Network Connections.
- Click Location Area Connection.
- Click Properties.
- Select TCP/IP.
- Go to Properties.
- Select Automatically from the option to obtain a new IP.
How to Change IP Address on a MAC PC
- Click System Preferences.
- Go to Networks.
- Click Network Connection.
- Click Configure IPv4.
- Select “Manual” Option if you want to run Static IP or otherwise tap on “Automatic” to run IP through DHCP.
- Type in your IP address.
Change IP Address on iPhone Using VPN Service
VPN stands for “Virtual Private Network” and portrays the chance to set up a secured network association while using unsafe network. VPNs encode your web traffic and cover your online person. This makes it harder for outcasts to follow your activities on the web and take data..
VPNs are specially designed to change your IP address and hide your identity, by using such software you can change the IP address to UK or any other country in a few clicks with comfort.
Step 1 Buy a paid version of VPN service.
Step 2 Press “Connect Button” to connect to the VPN server
Step 3 Once you are connected , enjoy browsing with the new assigned IP.
Best VPN Services
These are a few tested services that are reliable and most affordable in the market. Please have a look. Our recommended VPNs are powerful and capable to acquire IPs as required , likewise when we tested them to change IP address to New Zealand or Australia , produced results are just great.
- ExpressVPN – More than 3,000+ servers are functional on almost 160 locations in 94 countries
- Nord VPN – More than 80 Server locations in 62 Countries with 5200 Servers
- SurfShark VPN – Functional in 65 countries with 3200 servers
- IPVanish VPN – Presence in 50 countries and 75+ server locations with 1,600+ servers
- CyberGhost VPN – Working with 7000 servers in almost 91 countries
- Tunnelbear – Operational in 41 countries with 3000+ servers.
- Hotspot Shield – Functional in 80 countries with 3200+ servers.
- Norton Secure VPN – Worldwide operations with more than 500 servers
- Encrypt me – Operational in 48 countries 500+ servers in
- FastestVPN– Operational in 35 countries 500+ servers in
Reliable VPN Services of Industry
- Finest compatibility with Windows platform
- Provide access to Netflix
- Zero Lag Policy.
- Flawless app with many options
- Lacks speed on MAC OS
- Non Availability of Instant Phone Service
- Only 05 Simultaneous connections provided
The company has an extensive network of servers that has been extended to 94 countries worldwide with more than 3,000 servers on 160+ server locations. Thirteen US cities, including Atlanta (GA), Chicago (IL), Dallas (TX), Denver (CO), Los Angeles (CA), Miami (FL), New Jersey (NJ), New York City (NY), Salt Lake City (UT) San Francisco (CA), Seattle (WA) & Tampa Bay. Its monthly rate is at $6.67 for a year, with some free months included as well.
Protecting your data security is our top priority. With ExpressVPN, you can avoid keeping any logs of user activity by downloading the latest app for encryption on your device or using our website with trusted servers. ExpressVPN has in place features that make sure there is no visibility of your location or traffic when used which is the Zero Lag Policy. ExpressVPN launched a site full of instructional videos and tutorials that will help new subscribers set up the service on their devices.
ExpressVPN has a built-in useful “Kill Switch” feature, which prevents system statistics from leaking out of external VPN connections. ExpressVPN provides fast and consistent speeds to savvy internet users. The reliability and performance of the company have been steadily increasing.
ExpressVPN has announced that they accept Bitcoin as a payment method, another step in their commitment to making customers’ lives easier.
- Works perfectly with Windows, MAC, iOS, Android, Linux
- Operations in 160 server locations
- Fluent service with 3000 Servers.
- Operating with numerous servers in 13 US Cities.
- The monthly package cost 12.95
- Agreement length 1 month, 6 months, 1 year
- Split Tunneling Available
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses Dynamic
- Around 30000+ IPs are functional
- Simultaneous and dedicated connections
- Presence in 94 Countries
- Marvelous app
- Accessibility to Netflix
- Strict Logging Policy
- Fixed IP/ Static IP
- Customer Support can be improved
- Kill switch is not working with iOS
NordVPN is one of the most well-known companies in the VPN industry. It offers high bandwidth, with 6 concurrent connections for all its servers. It is operating in 62countries with more than 5300 servers on more than 80server locations. The company servers are functional in the USA region specifically in the cities of Atlanta, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Manassas, Miami, New York, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle & St Louis. When the user connects to this service, it automatically connects the user to their nearest server.
NordVPN also offers a Private IP option for customers who are traveling abroad and want to be more anonymous. The NordVPN Kill Switch feature turns the VPN into TOR mode with one click, which tracks your activity on the internet rather than your location.
In our test, we drop the speed around 53% when using NordVPN. This still left it with the fastest performance of all the VPNs we tested. It didn’t experience any interruptions and demonstrated excellent consistency no matter where you are located.
NordVPN’s two-year subscription plan costs $3.75 per month or a total of $90 over the course of 24 months. The company offers three subscriptions options: one year ($59), monthly ($11.9), and two years ($90).
NordVPN has a full 30-day refund policy that is guaranteed.
- Compatibility with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- With more than 80 server locations, you can enjoy lightning-fast speeds and security around the globe.
- Placed 5300 Servers all over the globe.
- Presence in 15 US Cities.
- Monthly Charges $95
- Contract term 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- More than 5000 IPs are working
- Business in 62 Countries
- Unlimited gadgets connection per subscription
- Affordable packages
- 30 days trial period
- Customer Services is not up to the mark
- Kill Switch can only be operated manually
- Static/Fixed IP addresses
- Lacks speed in comparison
Surfshark is catching up with competitors by being one of the few companies now that offers unlimited device support to customers. Surfshark also provides a variety of features, like ad-blocking and anti-tracking tools, all for an unbeatable price.
It operates 3,200 servers in 65 locations across the world. Of those 3,200 servers, several US data centers include those located in the following cities: Bend, Boston, Buffalo, Charlotte Chicago Dallas Denver Detroit Houston Kansas City Latham Los Angeles Manassas Miami New York Orlando Phoenix Salt Lake City San Francisco Seattle St Louis.
The average loss of speed during a test is 17%, which positions it ahead of its competitors in terms of speed consistency.
Surfsharks’ extension support for top browsers has ranked it among its competitors as the German Cyber Security Firm Cure 53 recommends SurfShark.
They have excellent apps compatible with Windows, iOS, Mac OS, and Fire TV. Surfshark provides three special encryption methods for hiding your activity, enabling you to bypass geographic restrictions and more.
- High-level fluency is achieved while working with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Owns more than 80 server locations.
- More than 3000 Servers are operational all over the world.
- Serving in 23 US Cities
- Package monthly cost $95
- Contract(SLA) Length 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses Static or Dynamic
Change IP address on iPhone Using Proxy Server
To run a proxy automatically or manually, follow the steps given below.
- Go to Settings.
- Browse Network & Internet settings.
- Tap on Proxy on the left panel.
- Now if you want to use Automatic Proxy Setup activate it by switching it On otherwise if you want to setup a static proxy, you can go to Manual Proxy Setup, enter credentials like Port , Server, Username and Password
- Save & Close Settings.