Escalating security complications in the cyber-world has raised safety concerns for netizens due to which users are more concerned searching ways to “How to change IP address on PC” or on the gadgets they use.
Every single piece of equipment has its own unique IP address through which they communicate while browsing the internet, this unique string is randomly assigned by the system which can be changed anytime as and when the user wants.
In this article, we will try to reveal the simple best ways and tools available implementing with people change IP address using PC’s IP settings area. The concern is no more a difficult task in presence of advanced level technology and software specifically VPNs which helps you to watch Canadian TV and other streaming platforms online.
How To Change IP Address on a
Window’s Personal Computer – PC
Its is very easy to change IP address on Windows just by implementing the following steps. We will do it on Windows 10 platform, other versions of Windows have similar steps to implement.
Changing IP Address Manually on Windows PC
Changing IP Address Automatically on Windows PC
- Go to Start to change your system preferences.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Location Area Connection or Wi Fi settings.
- Select Properties of (wired connection or Wi Fi)
- Select TCP/IP.
- Go to Properties.
- Select Automatically from the option to obtain a new Internet Protocol.
You can run the whole process using command prompt which is another reliable and simple way to change IP address.
How To Change IP Address on a
MAC’s Personal Computer – PC
- Click System Preferences.
- Go to Network and Sharing center
- Click Network Connection or Wireless Networking.
- Click Properties.
- Click Configure Internet Protocol Version 4 – IPV4.
- Select “Manual” Option if you want to run Static IP or otherwise tap on “Automatic” to run IP through DHCP.
- Type in your IP address and press enter.
- Save Settings
You can run the whole same process through command prompt to configure IP address on your apple mobile device or any other specific device. Command Prompt is a method in which users type cmd commands to get the required results, it is a bit difficult than working with clicks.
Changing IP Address on a Personal Computer Using
VPN stands for “Virtual Private Network” and portrays the chance to set up a secured network using different ip address while browsing unsafe network. VPNs encode your web traffic and cover your online person pretending different location. This makes it harder for outcasts to follow your activities on the web and take data.
VPNs are specially made software that are designed to temporarily change your IP address location and hide your identity letting you to use new ip address, by using such software you can change the IP address to UK , Canada, Australia or any other country in a few clicks with comfort.
Step 1 Buy a paid version of VPN service with best online privacy.
Step 2 Press “Connect Button” to connect to the VPN server, VPN will change the adapter settings and make your existing networking device work like a new router.
Step 3 Once you are connected , enjoy browsing with the new ip address. To get quick and reliable service, double check speed of your internet connection.
Competitive Review of Best VPN Services
These are a few tested services that are reliable and most affordable in the market. Please have a look. Our recommended VPNs are powerful and capable to acquire IPs as required , likewise when we tested them to change IP address to New Zealand , Ireland or France , produced results are just great.
- ExpressVPN – More than 3,000+ servers are functional on almost 160 locations in 94 countries
- Nord VPN – More than 80 Server locations in 62 Countries with 5200 Servers
- SurfShark VPN – Functional in 65 countries with 3200 servers
- IPVanish VPN – Presence in 50 countries and 75+ server locations with 1,600+ servers
- CyberGhost VPN – Working with 7000 servers in almost 91 countries
- Tunnelbear – Operational in 41 countries with 3000+ servers.
- Hotspot Shield – Functional in 80 countries with 3200+ servers.
- Norton Secure VPN – Worldwide operations with more than 500 servers
- Encrypt me – Operational in 48 countries 500+ servers in
- FastestVPN– Operational in 35 countries 500+ servers in
Details on Reliable VPN Services of Industry
ExpressVPN – Most Affordable and Effective Service
- Finest compatibility with Windows platform
- Provide access to Netflix
- Zero Lag Policy.
- Flawless app with many options
- Lacks speed on MAC OS
- Non Availability of Instant Phone Service
- Only 05 Simultaneous connections provided
The company has an extensive network of servers that has been extended to 94 countries worldwide with more than 3,000 servers on 160+ server locations. Thirteen US cities, including Atlanta (GA), Chicago (IL), Dallas (TX), Denver (CO), Los Angeles (CA), Miami (FL), New Jersey (NJ), New York City (NY), Salt Lake City (UT) San Francisco (CA), Seattle (WA) & Tampa Bay. Its monthly rate is at $6.67 for a year, with some free months included as well.
Protecting your data security is our top priority. With ExpressVPN, you can avoid keeping any logs of user activity by downloading the latest app for encryption on your device or using our website with trusted servers. ExpressVPN has in place features that make sure there is no visibility of your location or traffic when used which is the Zero Lag Policy. ExpressVPN launched a site full of instructional videos and tutorials that will help new subscribers set up the service on their devices.
ExpressVPN has a built-in useful “Kill Switch” feature, which prevents system statistics from leaking out of external VPN connections. ExpressVPN provides fast and consistent speeds to savvy internet users. The reliability and performance of the company have been steadily increasing.
ExpressVPN has announced that they accept Bitcoin as a payment method, another step in their commitment to making customers’ lives easier.
- Works perfectly with Windows, MAC, iOS, Android, Linux
- Operations in 160 server locations.
- Fluent service with 3000 Servers.
- Operating with numerous servers in 13 US Cities.
- Agreement length 1 month, 6 months, 1 year
- Split Tunneling Available
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses Dynamic
- Around 30000 IP addresses are functional
- Simultaneous and dedicated connections
- Presence in 94 Countries
NordVPN – Brilliant Service with Powerful Network
- Marvelous app
- Accessibility to Netflix
- Strict Logging Policy
- Fixed IP/ Static IP Addresses
- Customer Support can be improved
- Kill switch is not working with iOS
NordVPN is one of the most well-known companies in the VPN industry. It offers high bandwidth, with 6 concurrent connections for all its servers. It is operating in 62 countries with more than 5200 servers on more than 80server locations. The company servers are functional in the USA region specifically in the cities of Atlanta, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Manassas, Miami, New York, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle & St Louis. When the user connects to this service, it automatically connects the user to their nearest server.
NordVPN also offers a Private IP address option for a home network or customers who are traveling abroad and want to be more anonymous. The NordVPN Kill Switch feature turns the VPN into TOR mode with one click, which tracks your activity on the internet rather than your location.
In our test, we drop the speed around 53% when using NordVPN. This still left it with the fastest performance of all the VPNs we tested. It didn’t experience any interruptions and demonstrated excellent consistency no matter where you are located.
NordVPN’s two-year subscription plan costs $3.75 per month or a total of $90 over the course of 24 months. The company offers three subscriptions options: one year ($59), monthly ($11.9), and two years ($90).
NordVPN has a full 30-day refund policy that is guaranteed.
- Compatibility with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux.
- With more than 80 server locations, you can enjoy lightning-fast speeds and security around the globe.
- Placed 5300 Servers all over the globe.
- Presence in 15 US Cities.
- Contract term 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- More than 5000 IP addresses are working (Static , Dynamic, Public and Private IP Address)
- Business in 62 Countries
SurfShark – Very Competitive Service with Intensive Network
- Unlimited connected devices per subscription
- Affordable packages
- 30 days trial period
- Customer Services is not up to the mark
- Kill Switch can only be operated manually
- Fixed or Static IP address.
- Lacks speed in comparison
Surfshark is catching up with competitors by being one of the few companies now that offers unlimited device support to customers. Surfshark also provides a variety of features, like ad-blocking and anti-tracking tools, all for an unbeatable price.
It operates 3,200 servers in 65 locations across the world. Of those 3,200 servers, several US data centers include those located in the following cities: Bend, Boston, Buffalo, Charlotte Chicago Dallas Denver Detroit Houston Kansas City Latham Los Angeles Manassas Miami New York Orlando Phoenix Salt Lake City San Francisco Seattle St Louis.
The average loss of speed during a test is 17%, which positions it ahead of its competitors in terms of speed consistency.
SurfShark’ extension support for top browsers has ranked it among its competitors as the German Cyber Security Firm Cure 53 recommends SurfShark.
They have excellent apps compatible with Windows, MAC operating system, Fire TV or with any android device. Surfshark provides three special encryption methods for hiding your activity, enabling you to bypass geographic restrictions and more.
- High-level fluency is achieved while working with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- Owns more than 80 server locations.
- More than 3000 Servers are operational all over the world.
- Serving in 23 US Cities
- Contract(SLA) Length 1 month, 1 year, 2 years
- Split Tunneling Yes
- Netflix Yes
- Torrenting Yes
- IP Addresses Static , Dynamic, Public and Private IP Address
Changing IP address on a PC Using Proxy Server
Using VPN Or Proxy Server has become mandatory these days. To run a proxy automatically or manually, follow the steps given below.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Browse Network & Internet settings.
- Tap on Proxy on the left panel.
- Now if you want to use Automatic Proxy Setup activate it by switching it On otherwise if you want to setup a static proxy ( The Static Proxy can be attained by requesting to your internet service provider),choose Manual Proxy Setup, enter following items like Port , Server, Username and Password . Try not to put wrong numeric range to get optimum results.
- Save & Close Settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I assign an IP address to my computer?
This is how you can assing an IP address to your computer:
- Press the Start button.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Control Panel will be shown.
- Double – tap Network Connections in the control center.
- Select Local Area Connection from the context menu.
- Select the Properties button. =
- Choose Properties after selecting Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Use Following IP Address is selected.
How do I force my computer to change my IP address?
Follow these steps to force computer to change ip address
- Ensure you’re logged in as the admin,
- Now select Start,
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Network Connection, and then select your local area connection
- Next, under Properties, select TCP/IP.
- You may directly key in the new IP address here.
Can you change your IP address on your computer?
On a Computer, Macintosh, or smartphone, you may modify your unique Ip address from of the network configuration settings panel. You can alter the public IP address by restarting your modem, using proxy , Tor or switching to a VPN.
What happens if I change my computer IP address?
Many individuals agree with changing their IP address would make them invisible on the web. Nevertheless, this is not always the situation. The ISP maintains record about who is allocated to which Internet address, although if your IP address updates, you’re always linked to your ISP and they understand who you really are. There seems to be literally no way out.
Which free VPN is best for PC?
All the VPNs have their free versions available online but we do not recommend to use Free services as they are not appropriate with respect to operations and security. So in the light of above statement we do not grade any free VPN to be the best or better.
Which is the best VPN for PC?
There are multiple services available online, we have tested many services remaining of a few factor and can recommend the following
- ExpressVPN is the best of all
- NordVPN is runner up
Is VPN safe for PC?
Although they will safeguard your IP address and conceal your internet history, it’s all they could do. These will not protect users if you visit malicious URLs or acquire corrupted data, for instance. Even if you employ a VPN, you are still vulnerable to Trojans, viruses and malwares
Is VPN necessary for PC?
A VPN protects your PC to browse and perform online activity by sending your information through with an encrypted connection for both you and anybody attempting to snoop on you. It’s a technique that makes it perfect connecting to Wi-Fi connections, but it can also safeguard your anonymity at home.
Although its still vulnerable to Trojans and malwares but it has edge over other technologies up till now VPN is counted as compulsory for browsing.
Do I need VPN on my computer?
To conceal your ip during browsing online, to hide your activities, above all your location and personal information you must need a VPN on your computer. We do recommend ExpressVPN which provides you total security against threats.
This article focuses on a few ways and tools for changing IP address on a Personal Computer . According to our research, we recommend you to always use paid VPN service to be away from the risk involved while acquiring your goals on internet.
Other than VPNs there are other simple ways to attain the goal, using Proxy service is one among these way but its configuration is not that simple as compared to VPN therefore we always suggest our internet users enjoy internet browsing by making themselves safe with the help of paid VPN Service.